Wesley's 40 Breeder Sumpless

rlman41299

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glad you liked this one. tho i must warn you since you didn't see the mother colony. try not to give this one too much light. i have mine 6"under water under LED and my pattern and color sucks.

It's a beautiful day. I have another update on corals I received earlier this morning/afternoon.

Below is a Bleeding Apple Scoly I received from Ian (Reef Odyssey). I have been waiting for such a long time to add a Scoly to my collection of corals, but I just didn't see any that caught my eye and didn't cost a arm and a leg.

As I was browsing through Reef Odyssey's previous for sale threads, I came across a sweet looking Bleeding Apple Scoly. I sent Ian a pm hoping that the coral was still available, and to my luck, it was.

If anyone is interested in purchasing corals from Ian (Reef Odyssey), I recommend his professional manner, quick responses and great selection of corals.

Here is a picture I took right out of the bag. To me it looks like it has a huge smile on it's face...Welcome home!

Bleeding Apple Scolymia
Bleeding Apple Scoly a.jpg

Next, is a Blue Agave frag. I already have a Blue Agave, but it looks more like a regular Red People Eater (RPE). It has some white on the inner and out disc, but it just doesn't look as attractive as this one.

What caught my eye are the interchanging color of the skirts.

Thanks to rlman41299 for hooking me up with a nice specimen. If any one is looking for premium Z's & P's, lookout for rlman41299, buddythelion & 408Reefer For Sale threads.

Blue Agave
Blue Agave 2 - rlmann 1aa.jpg

OP
OP
Wesley42079

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:gossip::gossip::gossip:...... *whispering*.... i think rlman has one.....

Nice. I'll be second in line to get a single polyp of that.

It wouldn't hurt to have multiple frags of the Blue Agave's.

glad you liked this one. tho i must warn you since you didn't see the mother colony. try not to give this one too much light. i have mine 6"under water under LED and my pattern and color sucks.

Thanks for the heads up.

I currently have the frag on the sandbed, but almost directly below the Kessil a350. I'll make sure to move it to the right hand side of the tank to get more shade.

robsreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow hope the td makes it I have bad luck with micro frags can't wait for future updates

Sent from my LG-P999 using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

OP
OP
Wesley42079

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow hope the td makes it I have bad luck with micro frags can't wait for future updates

Sent from my LG-P999 using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

Robsreefs, yes I hope the TD survives too. I dropped major coin on this piece (supposed to be the size around a pencil, not 0.2cm).

I've been babying it by using a small turkey baster and squirting oyster feast, cyclopeeze and baby brine shrimp.

From what I've read, micro/tiny chalice frags have a very high percentage of receeding and dying off.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful frags, Wesley!

On that micro TD first thing i would do is get that algae off the frag or maybe remount if you have not already. I've had good luck with micro chalice frags in lower light at first and moving them to slightly higher lighting as they show some significant growth. I really hope it grows out for you, it looks like it has some great potential!

Love the Blue agaves, i need one!

OP
OP
Wesley42079

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful frags, Wesley!

On that micro TD first thing i would do is get that algae off the frag or maybe remount if you have not already. I've had good luck with micro chalice frags in lower light at first and moving them to slightly higher lighting as they show some significant growth. I really hope it grows out for you, it looks like it has some great potential!

Love the Blue agaves, i need one!

Pkunk35, thanks for the motivation.

I am trying not to do anything like remount the frag. I don't want to stress it out. Maybe in a month, I'll consider remounting it.

And thanks for your comment on the Blue Agaves. I wish I was able to take better picture of the frag. My pic is too over exposed.

OP
OP
Wesley42079

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was fortunate to visit Diablo Corals frag swap on 2/23/13. I wish the lfs wasn't too far, or I'd be there every week checking out which sweet corals Jess has in stock.

Below is a real nice Neptune's Kryptonite chalice. Check out that green glowing rim.
Neptune Kryptonite 1a.jpg

Top down shot
Neptune Kryptonite 2a.jpg

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was fortunate to visit Diablo Corals frag swap on 2/23/13. I wish the lfs wasn't too far, or I'd be there every week checking out which sweet corals Jess has in stock.

Below is a real nice Neptune's Kryptonite chalice. Check out that green glowing rim.
Neptune Kryptonite 1a.jpg

Top down shot
Neptune Kryptonite 2a.jpg

Sweet pick up bro! Wish I knew you were heading to Diablos, I've been wanting strawberry wines from him but he's so far just for a couple zps.

OP
OP
Wesley42079

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tank West... also nice coral collection.. makes me want to start another big tank.. unfortunately I only have a 22g atm hah..

You might as well start big, atleast a 40 Breeder or 57 Illuminata.

You know within a year, you will be upgrading.

Happy reefing.

OP
OP
Wesley42079

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wesley, I just finished reading you built thread, Awesome. Beautiful tank.

Larangcon, thanks for taking the time to visit my build thread.

Hold on to your seat, cause I have old coral orders that will be arriving soon.

Lucky for me, my friends were nice enough to hold them for me while they healed and grew.

Sugo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Larangcon, thanks for taking the time to visit my build thread.

Hold on to your seat, cause I have old coral orders that will be arriving soon.

Lucky for me, my friends were nice enough to hold them for me while they healed and grew.

Can't wait too see!

OP
OP
Wesley42079

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My late Christmas present finally arrived. I sure was a happy camper when FedEx gave me the 1lb package full of goodies to add to my ever growing chalice collection.

I would like to thank Nanofins for hooking it up. If anyone is interested in purchasing chalices, I recommend Nanofins. He doesn't sell tiny booger/finger nail frags, he hooks up fat pieces.

Here is a group shot of the chalices (photograph belongs to Nanofins)

Group Shot.jpg

Below are pictures I took of the frags. There is some color loss, but after babying these frags, I have no question that the true colors will shine again.

Tangerine Dreams
Tangerine Dreams.jpg

Ultimates Insane Watermelon
Ultimates Insane Watermelon.jpg

ECC Hybrid

ECC Hybrid.jpg

Purple Urkle
Purple Urkle.jpg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back