West Virginia reefer

Welcome

20191011_200643.jpg
 
Hey y’all!

I’m Aaron and I’m new to the reef keeping hobby. I have been a fresh water guy since I got my first 10gallon tank at 12yrs old. I’m now 33.
I set up a 30gallon about 3 months ago. Currently keeping a clown, fire fish, green chromis, and a watchman goby. Along with my CUC. For coral, I have a Hammer, mixed zoas, Xenia, and pocillopora. Been pretty successful so far — had a outbreak of Ich and GHA. But fixed the Ich (no outbreak for 2.5 months) the algae is giving me a run for my money tho.

I’m in recovery with almost 4 years clean. Small business owner — vape shop! And, I worked 11 years as a paramedic. Now work for AT&T.

I live in West Virginia in the Mid Ohio Valley - 2 miles from Ohio.

Would love to chat with other WV reefers or anyone in the hobby.

I am currently setting up a 75gallon tank. This tank will be sumped and have all the bells and whistles. It should be starting to cycle next week. Look forward to learning in this group and thanks for having me.
Know its an old post, but just saying hello. I started my tank around the same time last year! Hope all is going well! Currently Winfield Area! Hope to see you around!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new