Westchester area?

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finding the thread today for the first time. I'll swing by NY Gills and check it out. I apologize for not hosting back in January. I'm waiting on my new tank which is being worked on right now by Felix at Reef Savvy. Once new tank is settled I'll be glad to host.

Cheers,

Chris

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I went to Sean's store Gills Aquarium in Mamaroneck and I love his store. He's just getting livestock in so right now its really mostly fish but they all look really healthy. He has a great drop off tank in the front of the store that is going to look great once it is stocked. Sean said he's QTing everything 2 weeks before putting on display. I picked up a nice little mangrove that I dropped in the back of my AIO 40 gallon tank. I'm looking forward to supporting this store.

upload_2017-2-19_13-53-4.png

upload_2017-2-19_13-53-24.png

hbrochs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone!

Just a shout out to encourage everyone to attend the New England Frag Farmer's Market on Saturday March 11th. Its at E.O. Smith High School, 1235 Storrs Road, Storrs CT. Hours are 11am to 5pm, and I will be in room 105 with Jim Coughlin (Polywise) selling frags and I'll have a sign up sheet for anyone looking to join the Westchester Reef Club. There will be over 60 vendors and over 1000 people attending, so this is a must go event for all you reefers!

Also, I stopped by Gill's Aquarium Store in Mammaroneck last night on the way home from work. The store is up and running, looks great. Sean and Jacob are the owners and super nice guys. They offered to host the next reef club meeting, and I was thinking about a Thursday evening in April to be announced later. Also, feel free to PM me if you'd like your name added to the e-mail list for reef club meeting.

Thanks,

Howard

nanchil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

I am from Mohegan Lake, Westchester. Great to see people from our region.

Thanks.

OP
OP
jgvergo

jgvergo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

I am from Mohegan Lake, Westchester. Great to see people from our region.

Thanks.
Welcome! I'm from Yorktown. We have a Westchester club. You are welcome to join. We get together every few months at someone's house to talk reefs.

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All,

I'm waiting on my new tank to arrive and I need to start prepping. To that end, I need to break down a few small tanks in my fish room. I have a few "rescue" fish that I saved from a neighbor a few weeks ago - I have two clownfish and a fire shrimp to give away if anyone is interested. Please let me know.

bizacon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No more IM40? What are you going with next?

All,

I'm waiting on my new tank to arrive and I need to start prepping. To that end, I need to break down a few small tanks in my fish room. I have a few "rescue" fish that I saved from a neighbor a few weeks ago - I have two clownfish and a fire shrimp to give away if anyone is interested. Please let me know.

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IM40 is going into the basement for a bit - I have 3 clowns that will take it as a home once I move the current livestock. I may sell the IM40 down the road.

I'm waiting on a reefsavvy 96. Been over a year but Felix is working on it and said I'd have it in the next few weeks or so. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to temporarily house the livestock in the IM40. So they will go into the basement as well.

Jisko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Elmira NY and I'll say.. its dead here we have a petco that has a very small amount of marine life and a little private owned pet shop that I go to once in awhile but besides that we have no groups or anything :[

nanchil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I'm from Yorktown. We have a Westchester club. You are welcome to join. We get together every few months at someone's house to talk reefs.

Thank you ! Definitely I would like to join.

Thanks.

nanchil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And a very brief about me and the tank ...

I just got my Red Sea Reefer Deluxe XL 525 delivered last week. This is my third tank and hoping this will be the last
wink1.gif
... Started with a 55G, made lot of mistakes and learned a lot from that. Then upgraded to 75G RR AGA tank. Was some kind of successful but spend a lot of time & $$ to learn this hobby. Had a bad crash in one summer and took that opportunity to plan for upgrade to 180G. Was collecting all the equipment. But took a different direction and went with the Reefer Deluxe 525 XL. John from Pop Corals helped me to get the tank delivered. Now the fun starts
spin2.gif
. Will need everyones help
grouphug.gif
. Also I have the 180G AGA tank and Marister 72" MH lights that I am giving it away. Please let me know if anyone wants.

Thanks.

JustAnt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And a very brief about me and the tank ...

I just got my Red Sea Reefer Deluxe XL 525 delivered last week. This is my third tank and hoping this will be the last
wink1.gif
... Started with a 55G, made lot of mistakes and learned a lot from that. Then upgraded to 75G RR AGA tank. Was some kind of successful but spend a lot of time & $$ to learn this hobby. Had a bad crash in one summer and took that opportunity to plan for upgrade to 180G. Was collecting all the equipment. But took a different direction and went with the Reefer Deluxe 525 XL. John from Pop Corals helped me to get the tank delivered. Now the fun starts
spin2.gif
. Will need everyones help
grouphug.gif
. Also I have the 180G AGA tank and Marister 72" MH lights that I am giving it away. Please let me know if anyone wants.

Thanks.

Welcome to the club. You will fit right in! Congrats on new tank. I have Reefer 250 ( a baby comparatively speaking to the 525)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back