OP
jgvergo

jgvergo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have rock that has been cycled and seeded with pods. LMK if you would like some. I'm in Peekskill.

nanchil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely... As I am in Mohegan Lake, I could stop by whenever you are free .... Thanks again...

OP
OP
jgvergo

jgvergo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Full disclosure...I have a few aptasia too.

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I guess my advice would be to start with sand from a tank where there are no known pests. That was my 40 gallon at one time - no idea how the aiptasia got in. I kill them with Kalk paste which works but occasionally I still see a few. I have a few small space pieces of live rock that are in a frag tank that should be clean of aiptasia and I'm happy to offer you a few pieces. They are small though. Let me know.

nanchil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again. I would take up on your advice & offer. Please let me know when I can pick it up. Thanks everyone !

OP
OP
jgvergo

jgvergo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm actually thinking of letting my aptasia spread so I can support a Copperband Butterfly :D

nanchil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks ... Did anyone feel the earthquake this morning ? Hope everyone's tank is OK ...

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@nanchil I am pretty sure I have some chaeto that you are welcome to come pick up. It is seeded with tons of crustations/copapods from a mature reef tank. Yes I too have the occasional aptasia and after 20 years of reef keeping I can tell you there is no such thing as pest free. Best you can do is keep pest populations down and to a min. But yeah I dip everything incoming no matter how big or how small. PM me if you would like to set up a time/day to come by and leave me your number so i can text you back.

nanchil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@nanchil I am pretty sure I have some chaeto that you are welcome to come pick up. It is seeded with tons of crustations/copapods from a mature reef tank. Yes I too have the occasional aptasia and after 20 years of reef keeping I can tell you there is no such thing as pest free. Best you can do is keep pest populations down and to a min. But yeah I dip everything incoming no matter how big or how small. PM me if you would like to set up a time/day to come by and leave me your number so i can text you back.

Thanks ! I will send you a PM.

Thanks

JustAnt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Mike. Unfortunately the club has floundered a bit and no meet up have taken place in many many months. I’m in white plains. How about you? My tank is a Red Sea Reefer 250

Mike Castro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Mike. Unfortunately the club has floundered a bit and no meet up have taken place in many many months. I’m in white plains. How about you? My tank is a Red Sea Reefer 250

Hi! I'm from Sleepy Hollow. I have a 125G, 75G, 54 corner, 8G and a 40G frag tank.

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey mike what do you have in your frag tank? do you sell any frags?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back