Westchester area?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jgvergo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I also have rock that has been cycled and seeded with pods. LMK if you would like some. I'm in Peekskill.
 
Definitely... As I am in Mohegan Lake, I could stop by whenever you are free .... Thanks again...
 
Full disclosure...I have a few aptasia too.
 
Sure. :)
 
Well I guess my advice would be to start with sand from a tank where there are no known pests. That was my 40 gallon at one time - no idea how the aiptasia got in. I kill them with Kalk paste which works but occasionally I still see a few. I have a few small space pieces of live rock that are in a frag tank that should be clean of aiptasia and I'm happy to offer you a few pieces. They are small though. Let me know.
 
Thanks again. I would take up on your advice & offer. Please let me know when I can pick it up. Thanks everyone !
 
I'm actually thinking of letting my aptasia spread so I can support a Copperband Butterfly :D
 
:) That's a positive thinking ....
 
Thanks ... Did anyone feel the earthquake this morning ? Hope everyone's tank is OK ...
 
@nanchil I am pretty sure I have some chaeto that you are welcome to come pick up. It is seeded with tons of crustations/copapods from a mature reef tank. Yes I too have the occasional aptasia and after 20 years of reef keeping I can tell you there is no such thing as pest free. Best you can do is keep pest populations down and to a min. But yeah I dip everything incoming no matter how big or how small. PM me if you would like to set up a time/day to come by and leave me your number so i can text you back.
 
@nanchil I am pretty sure I have some chaeto that you are welcome to come pick up. It is seeded with tons of crustations/copapods from a mature reef tank. Yes I too have the occasional aptasia and after 20 years of reef keeping I can tell you there is no such thing as pest free. Best you can do is keep pest populations down and to a min. But yeah I dip everything incoming no matter how big or how small. PM me if you would like to set up a time/day to come by and leave me your number so i can text you back.

Thanks ! I will send you a PM.

Thanks
 
Hi everyone! I'm from Westchester too! I am interested in joining the club.
 
Hello Mike. Unfortunately the club has floundered a bit and no meet up have taken place in many many months. I’m in white plains. How about you? My tank is a Red Sea Reefer 250
 
Hello Mike. Unfortunately the club has floundered a bit and no meet up have taken place in many many months. I’m in white plains. How about you? My tank is a Red Sea Reefer 250

Hi! I'm from Sleepy Hollow. I have a 125G, 75G, 54 corner, 8G and a 40G frag tank.
 
Hey mike what do you have in your frag tank? do you sell any frags?
 
Hey mike what do you have in your frag tank? do you sell any frags?
I am growing out some montiporas ( grafted cap, jedi mindtick, tyree undata etc), chalices and Sanjay's galaxy astreopora. Not selling as of now but I might soon.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new