What’s this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter OA3B
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

OA3B

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 4, 2018
Messages
125
Reaction score
137
What state or country do you live in
West Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi community

Earlier today I posted a thread about not knowing what corals I purchased. I got some quick responses (thanks to all that gave input.) I have a leather but on the side of it are some sprouts. I don’t know what these are, could you all help me again please.

1A54F3C6-D2B9-4E50-947D-612DE44AFCB9.jpeg
 
Looks like gsp. Invasive and will take over the rock work
 
Looks like gsp. Invasive and will take over the rock work


How to not let that happen, without damaging it? Although, I’m not sure if the back glass will be good place for it to take over.
 
How to not let that happen, without damaging it? Although, I’m not sure if the back glass will be good place for it to take over.
You can’t stop it from growing. Easiest way is to chisel/scrap the gsp off the rock
 
Looks like a majano hiding in there as well....
 
Looks like a majano hiding in there as well....

Is that what that is? I thought that was part of the gsp but it’s one on a rock on the other side of the tank...
Are they good or bad? 72EC9345-1AAB-4ADC-AEB6-F1175E5D794A.png
 
Manjano are pest anemones. GSP can be peeled off like a mat. I liked having some in the tank, just isolate it to it's own area. If you get it off in one piece you can glue it somewhere else.
 
Yup majanos are bad and prolific...

I got one piece...the other tucked deeper inside a rock...any suggestions on getting that little m******r?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new