What’s wrong with my clowns

msobus811

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this morning I walked down stairs to find my all white clownfish swimming vertically and look like skin peeling and my other closing swimming fine with little skin peeling off not sure if one got sucked into my protein skimmer since it’s a hang on the back one of some one can please help me what to do I would greatly appreciate it

63B31F47-B774-4A3D-A2FC-389B2C8E2175.jpeg D158C205-1D27-4B0F-9D04-56FC29635F18.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi - so now a few questions(grin). How long have you had the clownfish? Can you get a closer pic of the white one? Can you post your water parameters? (At least the ones you know). Any invertebrates in the tank?

Healthy fish really don't get stuck in overflows or pump intakes, but sick fish often do because they can't navigate or swim strongly. Just to be upfront about this - the white clown seems close to being what is termed "moribund" which means close to death....very difficult to bring fish like that back from the edge.

Jay

OP
OP
M

msobus811

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi - so now a few questions(grin). How long have you had the clownfish? Can you get a closer pic of the white one? Can you post your water parameters? (At least the ones you know). Any invertebrates in the tank?

Healthy fish really don't get stuck in overflows or pump intakes, but sick fish often do because they can't navigate or swim strongly. Just to be upfront about this - the white clown seems close to being what is termed "moribund" which means close to death....very difficult to bring fish like that back from the edge.

Jay

Jay
My ph is at 8.2 ammonia is at 0ppm nitrite is at 0ppm and nitrate is at 0ppm I had the clowns for over a year now and the tomini tang for about three months now never had a problem til now and he just died

91697CAB-4CF7-4A4A-8E88-92EBB4E1D971.jpeg F713D53F-790F-429D-BCA3-D7E1927955B3.jpeg B8DDDF38-E77B-48D5-86EC-95039208B960.jpeg 87D70512-698A-499F-BCE9-521FD5B65189.jpeg

OP
OP
M

msobus811

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay
Oh and three humor crabs

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The picture of the Tomini looks like it *might* have had ich. The clown could have ich, but it is very advanced if it is that, and I'm sure you would have noticed the earlier symptoms (white spots). With the hermit crabs in the tank, you are limited to what medications to use. There are three possible diagnoses: Ich, Brooklynella or a bacterial infection. I really do not have a good idea for you as to what to try....it is all really just a guess. Only antibiotics can be used with the hermit crabs present, but that is also the least likely diagnosis.

Jay

Back