What active wrasse for biocube 32

Jack_10218

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been looking for some sort of wrasse that is active in my tank, but is also reed safe. It’s a 32 gallon reef, with lps and softies, don’t plan on keeping sps or clams anytime soon. My stocking will be pair of clowns, (clowns adults and already in the tank) and a yellow watchmen goby and pistol shrimp pair, and then the wrasse I decide to pick.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can find a pink streak wrasse I would go with that. Six lines work but can be aggressive towards new additions. A lot of the fairy wrasses should be fine. Are you wanting a pest eater or just a wrasse in general?

OP
OP
J

Jack_10218

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A pest eater would be nice but if I see a wrasse I really like and it doesn’t Eat pests, that would be fine. But yeah pink streak and 6 line are some of my favorites! But I’m wondering what the condition for a 6 line to be aggressive? Is it just random, or to smaller fish in the tank? Or do they just need to be added last or something?

sam2110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 line will be aggressive to any new fish you add after the wrasse, i added a flame angel and 6 line on the same day they were my last fish and I had no issues at all. Every now and then the royal gramma tries it on with the six line but always ends up feeling sorry for its self in its cave, then an hour later its back to peaceful living for the next week or so. Its always my royal grammar that tries to cause trouble!

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
32 gal is too small for the fairy wrasses but a pink streaked, 4 line or 6 line would work. No risk of aggression with the pink streaked :)

OP
OP
J

Jack_10218

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
possum wrasses are always cool and a yellow coris wrasse would work too.
The yellow coris is what made me want a wrasse! I would be willing to get a small one and trade when it gets bigger, but I’m wondering if it would tip over the rocks when it goes in the sand, and if it will cover corals in the sand with sand.

OP
OP
J

Jack_10218

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m liking the look of the possum wrasse, do you think it would be good with a pink streaked wrasse? I’ve heard they are both very peaceful

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back