OP
OP
theiceman5207

theiceman5207

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crank up light slowly and feed more. You are running a lot of equipment so may as well feeeeeed more. Alk a little high IMO.

Please post photos of your tank.
Ill post some photos tomorrow lol somehow I've gone this long without buying a filter for the camera. supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I hope someone can give me some advice I own a Fiji Cube 81INT system with the following equipment
Fiji Cube 20 sump
Reef octopus SSS110 skimmer
BRS media reactor running carbon and GFO
small fuge in sump with chato that is slowly disintegrating
2 GYRE XF330 - soon to be swapped for MP40's
2 AI Hydra 32HD - runs Saxby settings from AI signature series these also have diffusers on them.

The system has been stable for 2 years now and last testing was as follows
ALK - 9.4dKH
CAL - 421PPM
MG - 1460 PPM
NO3 - 2.5 PPM
PO4 - 0.1 PPM usually lower but was trying higher recently to see if anything would change
pH - 7.9
Temp - 78F
SG - 1.026

With the above being stated It seems like nothing will grow in my tank fish are happy and healthy but corals are all roughly exactly the same as the day I bought them. Even the coralline algae after two years is almost non existent. Would anyone have any suggestions to why even my zoa's and monti cap have barely spread off their original frag plugs. everything looks good but seems to just be surviving.

Up the reef energy dosage. The nitrates are rather low, so it may be beneficial to increase daily reef energy dosing

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I 100% agree with your point but I feed reef roids, reef chili, or AB+ two to three times a week I’d feed more but worried about the phosphates honestly.

Reef energy should do much for phosphates imo. If you are worried, switch to a pure amino mix (noo phosphat

OP
OP
theiceman5207

theiceman5207

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did I miss information about water changes or trace element dosing?
sorry for the late response its been a long day. I do water changes every other week unless test shows that a water change is needed. no dosing yet.

OP
OP
theiceman5207

theiceman5207

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crank up light slowly and feed more. You are running a lot of equipment so may as well feeeeeed more. Alk a little high IMO.

Please post photos of your tank.
IMG_1256.jpg
IMG_1257.jpg
IMG_1258.jpg

ReefGeezer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Light could definitely be increased. There may some need for trace elements if your the water changes you do every two weeks is small. Bigger, more frequent water changes might help instead of dosing trace elements. Most like phosphate below .1. I like mine around .03 to .06. Your growth issues may be a combination of these things and more. More organic input might help i.e. feeding, aminos, something like Reef Energy AB+, or even carbon dosing. Also, don't judge speed of growth by Acro frags. Those little sticks will sit almost dormant for months sometimes before they decide to grow.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 55 77.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.6%
Back