What Am I Missing???

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two doses each of Kanaplex and General Cure. Gave the second dose of each this morning. :(

Were you able to get your hands on the other two meds Humblefish mentioned? The ones to add to the Kanaplex? The idea is to widen the spectrum of the antibiotics as wide as possible.

OP
OP
kkgaskin90

kkgaskin90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were you able to get your hands on the other two meds Humblefish mentioned? The ones to add to the Kanaplex? The idea is to widen the spectrum of the antibiotics as wide as possible.

Those are the ones that are in General Cure-Praziquantel and Metronidazole

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. I was having a hard time keeping up lol. Sorry about the ruff time with him. Im not sure what else you can do for him beside wait and see at this point. Maybe its neurological?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After GC is done, I would just treat with Kanaplex + Metroplex. I think prazi is probably too much for him at this point. The Kanaplex + Metroplex combo is relatively mild, and contains both anti-parasitic & anti-bacterial properties.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you this, but all the medicine in the world may not fix this fish. Especially since we cannot conclusively figure out what all is wrong. :(

OP
OP
kkgaskin90

kkgaskin90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After GC is done, I would just treat with Kanaplex + Metroplex. I think prazi is probably too much for him at this point. The Kanaplex + Metroplex combo is relatively mild, and contains both anti-parasitic & anti-bacterial properties.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you this, but all the medicine in the world may not fix this fish. Especially since we cannot conclusively figure out what all is wrong. :(

If he makes it that far, I'll try. I tend to agree. I think he just has too much working against him at this point. I may just be making it up, but he seems darker at the gill area than before. Even if the medications have/do clear(ed) any issues, if he can't see to eat enough to sustain himself, it's for naught. Poor fish.

OP
OP
kkgaskin90

kkgaskin90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, he's still alive. I'm fairly certain his only issue is that he can't see. He stays pretty much in the front corner of the 20L quarantine. He eats when food bumps into him and he can take a guess as to where to turn to grab it. It's a frustrating situation, but I guess he can live out his days in the QT.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, he's still alive. I'm fairly certain his only issue is that he can't see. He stays pretty much in the front corner of the 20L quarantine. He eats when food bumps into him and he can take a guess as to where to turn to grab it. It's a frustrating situation, but I guess he can live out his days in the QT.

Sorry to hear this. :( I actually had a gramma go blind/retarded on me because I left him out of water too long (inside a rock I had taken out of the DT.) I was doing the same as you with him in my frag tank, target feeding him daily. He lasted around 3-4 months this way. :(

OP
OP
kkgaskin90

kkgaskin90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He stopped moving around when food was in the tank 2 days ago and was dead this morning. I tried, but the odds were not in our favor. No more Anthias for me.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back