What are some minor issues that became larger issues for you? How did you overcome them?

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know for me, I am always on guard or try to attack something that might seem minor before it becomes a serious issue. I am wondering, what are some minor issues you have experience that eventually became something major, and how did you deal with it?

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha ha, when I worked as an aquarium tech for a lfs 's maintenance accounts I encountered this. A 90 gallon reef in the wall developed a few aiptasia. I was new and young so I just zapped them with a slurry of buffer. Since I only serviced the tank once a month I did not get to witness what can happen!!! Well that is until I returned the following month!!!! Aiptasia everywhere. Every month I spent a lot of time trying to eradicate the aiptasia but they were still winning. Eventually, I zapped them but then turned the rock they were on, upside down and deprived them of light. Surprisingly that worked pretty well. This worked because the owner did not have many coral and I could move them so the rock could be moved. I could never do that in my tank, my rock can not be moved.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back