What are some of the best gift exchange gifts or ideas you've received, seen, or thought of?

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
I realize this question is pretty open-ended, but the idea is for you to give each other ideas on stuff that would be great gift exchange ideas! What are some of the best gifts/ideas you've seen done or that you've thought of? #SecretSanta2019

LiveWire

Master Electrician/Certified RODI Guru
View Badges
Reaction score
I always go all out and give more than what is required. Not sure what I will give this year but was thinking a nice gift card, fish/coral food, frag plugs, or aquatic art work is always welcome.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
My sonis an awesome gift giver. We have a bar in the house, and one year he got me 3 of those metal "bar" puzzles that you have to get apart or twist into a certain shape. Family and freinds have spent hours trying to figure them out. Last year for Father's day he got me 2 t-shirts. One said "I used to have money. Now I have aquariums." The other said "EAT SLEEP REEF REPEAT." 2 years ago he suggested a painted family portrait for his mother for Christmas. She still cries over it. He definitely doesn't get the gift giving gene from me.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
I like handmade stuff. Some of the coolest gifts I've received were handmade items that were made especially to meet my interests.

Some of us (...ok...me...) aren't great at making things by hand, but I still like to really try to personalize the gift. IMO the best gifts show there was special attention paid to who would receive it.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Icp testing, handheld probes salinity/ ph temp. Chem pure, dr tims, screen top kit, Bright well brick, frag rack, coral lens kit
But the gift I received last year was a couple of hand crafted glasses with a diamond cut vine pattern, Very Nice :)

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
I agree with several of the posts above - I have found unique items and gift cards both make great gifts.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
I took the kids to a pottery place and used their hand and finger prints to decorate a plate for Heather my wife

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I always go all out and give more than what is required. Not sure what I will give this year but was thinking a nice gift card, fish/coral food, frag plugs, or aquatic art work is always welcome.

Pick me, pick me. I know, it is done randomly. Muahahaha I also like to do gift cards. And hopefully to something they have not tried before.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 161 73.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 36 16.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back