What are some SPS most haves?

Sandroni

Professional Coral Bleacher
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my 45 gal red sea is going to be mostly SPS with little LPS. I would love to know some of your favorite eye catching acros, montis, stylos, etc. and post a pic if you can!
Thanks

Labridaedicted

Wrassetastic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can get it, Tierra del Fuego is an absolute stunner. I'm looking for a piece, myself...
(Not my pic)
c8a6eb3e36ba0d43bc1847b946755161.jpg

If money is not a problem, the homewrecker is probably one of the nicest morphs out there right now. Saw it at RAP NY and it looks even better than it does in the pictures....
3cb5d5ea4f5a94bbc162170030c86878.jpg

Hagios

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For monti's:

JF Beach Bum,
JF Alter Ego
true bubble gum digi
original superman monti
Tyree's aequituberculata
WWC or CB grafted monti.

For Acro's (Could go on forever). These are in no particular order of preference or favor, just sweet pieces and good performers:

CB, RR Maleficent
ORA Pearl Berry
Oregon tort
Tyree pinky the bear
Pink Floyd, Diabolical Pac man or After Party (All pretty much the same IMO)
RR Shazam
RR Angry bird
RR pink cadi
BC Angelica
BC Rainbow in spain
BC yellow planet - Adam does not have it up on his site yet, but it's awesome.
RMF red devil nasuta
RMF yellow tip
RMF Psychoberry
RMF last dragon
Joes golden dragon
WD
CB, SC or RR orange passion
RR lady in pink
JF fox flame
ARC fireworks or Gonzo cookie monster, Route 66 merlins staff or WWC also has a similar piece I forget the name of.

So many more, but those are some of my favorites. Go with what you like and the look you are trying to create. Take your time!

Juano908

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my 45 gal red sea is going to be mostly SPS with little LPS. I would love to know some of your favorite eye catching acros, montis, stylos, etc. and post a pic if you can!
Thanks

Ice Fire Echinata, Hawkins Echinata and Red Dragon here which I have none of them right now, lol...I like them.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High schoolers have after school jobs that they can get Jason Fox acros with these days? lol

I just skimmed through your 14g build, have you kept SPS before? If not, you probably want to try out some $10 acro frags first. But there are some beautiful sticks out there for sure!

OP
OP
Sandroni

Sandroni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High schoolers have after school jobs that they can get Jason Fox acros with these days? lol

I just skimmed through your 14g build, have you kept SPS before? If not, you probably want to try out some $10 acro frags first. But there are some beautiful sticks out there for sure!
Lol, I have a 45 gallon, with an AI Hydra 26.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is not a lot of light or room. Hydra is a spotlight at that, so remember that it is only really intense directly underneath it. Choose well or you will be out of space quickly. I might suggest anything from ORA to start off with as a first coral.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TdelF is a no-joke coral. A lot of people struggle with it and about half of the folks who get frags from me end up killing them. It is really nice, however. Nearly everybody wants to know what it is when they come over and it is easy to sell frags of. IMO, this is one that does better with LOTS of light and lower N (1-2) and P (.01).

OP
OP
Sandroni

Sandroni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can get it, Tierra del Fuego is an absolute stunner. I'm looking for a piece, myself...
(Not my pic)

If money is not a problem, the homewrecker is probably one of the nicest morphs out there right now. Saw it at RAP NY and it looks even better than it does in the pictures....
I was @ RAP NY! I did not see this beauty but I did miss like half the stands.

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(Not my pic)

Not to digress, but I have tierra del fuego available. Nicely sized pieces too, chunky between 1.5-2" in size. PM me if you are interested.

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For monti's:

JF Beach Bum,
JF Alter Ego
true bubble gum digi
original superman monti
Tyree's aequituberculata
WWC or CB grafted monti.

For Acro's (Could go on forever). These are in no particular order of preference or favor, just sweet pieces and good performers:

CB, RR Maleficent
ORA Pearl Berry
Oregon tort
Tyree pinky the bear
Pink Floyd, Diabolical Pac man or After Party (All pretty much the same IMO)
RR Shazam
RR Angry bird
RR pink cadi
BC Angelica
BC Rainbow in spain
BC yellow planet - Adam does not have it up on his site yet, but it's awesome.
RMF red devil nasuta
RMF yellow tip
RMF Psychoberry
RMF last dragon
Joes golden dragon
WD
CB, SC or RR orange passion
RR lady in pink
JF fox flame
ARC fireworks or Gonzo cookie monster, Route 66 merlins staff or WWC also has a similar piece I forget the name of.

So many more, but those are some of my favorites. Go with what you like and the look you are trying to create. Take your time!
This is my problem too. Soooo many nice ones!

Labridaedicted

Wrassetastic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was @ RAP NY! I did not see this beauty but I did miss like half the stands.
J. Fox had I think 2 pieces in his frag tank there. They were over a grand for a frag though. Wife said I couldn't take out a second mortgage and already sold my left kidney, haha

ksfulk

Working back towards clean
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really it depends on what you like. There are so many nice looking corals out there its hard to pick just one or two.

If you like high contrast corals, I would suggest any "Bonsai" type - dark purple skin with electric green polyps. These are always stunning looking. Red Planet corals are also beautiful with the green base offset by the deep red tips and even darker red polyps.

For stag type growth, its hard to beat the green slimer - all they do is grow - yellow-green skin with green polyps. PC Rainbow is also a nice stag type coral with red-orange skin at the tips, orange-yellow-green skin at the base with red polyps.

For shaggy type corals, I like millies (Rommel's watermelon millie being my favorite colored much like the red planet) but there are also some crazy hairy looking tenius as well. CherryCorals has a plutonium tenius thats a bright green and has polylp extension that puts some millies to shame. Sunset millie is also a nice contrasting color with a yellow-orange skin and green polylps

Other randoms that I like: ORA Pearlberry, BC Nilbog Resident or Rainbows in Spain, JF Fox Flame, WT Mother of Pearl

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mantis's Purple Polyp Aculeus is a must-have for any serious acropora lover, but it is hard to color. Outside of that, Lokani, Granulosa and Lorpies are all really beautiful, but not kept by many. Tyree Purple Monster and Tyree Longhorn are the best of the purple corals, IMO.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back