What are these? Pictures from under the microscope

ReefIO

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 24, 2021
Messages
6
Reaction score
4
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have two different subjects that need ID-ing.

First,
I've been battling Amphidinium Dinoflagellates and have been dosing Silica (Brightwell's SpongExcel) to encourage diatoms.
Here's the first shot. Looks to me like possibly pennate diatom. Thoughts?

20220829_203531.jpg
VideoCapture_20220829-205723.jpg


Second,
Just recently dipped a coral and a few of these worms fell off. They look pretty neat under the microscope. Any idea what they are?

VideoCapture_20220829-205553.jpg

VideoCapture_20220829-205656.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new