What are these

Barskeeey

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 2, 2025
Messages
17
Reaction score
2
Location
The Netherlands
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What worm and starfish are these? Do i add them to the tank?

IMG_20260114_174419707_HDR.jpg
 
Asterina starfish and a bristle worm.

I’ve had both, personally I’d chuck. Bristle worms are nice until there’s 5,000 per rock.
You speak the truth on bristle worms.

1 today
1,000 tomorrow 😱
 
Asterina starfish can multiply like crazy in a tank. Some are known for eating corals and others don't
 
I had both, if you have life rock then bristle worms are probably already there. I never had problems with asterina, but many did. Either way both of those are much more benign than aiptasia or majano.
 
Bristleworms are an important cuc member. Asterina are a good grazer for film algae but they can also go after some corals. I currently have a ton of asterinas and no issues with them and my corals but in the past I did.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new