What are these?

omardamian25

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2021
Messages
12
Reaction score
9
Location
319 E Wakefield Ave #7 Anaheim CA 92802
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought a box of Caribsea Liferock Frag Zone rocks, the directions said to rinse them lightly so I did but after a few hours I noticed these "bugs" swimming around. I'm new to this hobby so I have no idea what they are and whether they're beneficial or not. And if they're not, how do I get rid of them?

Thanks!

20221231_085751.jpg
 
So I bought a box of Caribsea Liferock Frag Zone rocks, the directions said to rinse them lightly so I did but after a few hours I noticed these "bugs" swimming around. I'm new to this hobby so I have no idea what they are and whether they're beneficial or not. And if they're not, how do I get rid of them?

Thanks!

20221231_085751.jpg
Copepods which is free food for fish and coral
 
Upvote 0
I usually get an explosion of copepods on a new tank, than it slowly wanes into equilibrium. Get some phyto to feed them and sustain your popuplation
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new