What are you using to clean your glass ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ober_Reef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ober_Reef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2021
Messages
655
Reaction score
398
Location
Eastern Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just figured it would be nice to see what everyone is using to keep their glass clean. Mainly because I am using a lot of products and still not quite satisfied with my results. Attached are photos of what I am currently using so feel free to let me know if there is anything you all are using that works well. I should also probably mention that my tank is glass but feel free to share what you use for acrylic as well in case it helps others!

546D8763-4493-49D1-B2C5-D2EC19434557.png 1038FE33-7EA9-4DFE-B72E-48FA17CD4E57.png 3D1DFDDB-114E-48AD-90D3-C4659E3278EC.png 457A33B4-4413-450B-8B2E-B61F836C55DA.png 11474033-0110-430B-BC0A-13C68A2F0B15.png D67C77B2-D02A-4547-BC78-11BFA7FB206A.png
 
I have used quite a few different magnets and scrapers. My favorite as of recent is the mags by Algae Free. I believe I use the Pirahna on my 75 & Hammerhead Mag cleaner on my 150 :) Everyone will have a preference and a lot of them are great. Best of luck:)
 
I have used quite a few different magnets and scrapers. My favorite as of recent is the mags by Algae Free. I believe I use the Pirahna on my 75 & Hammerhead Mag cleaner on my 150 :) Everyone will have a preference and a lot of them are great. Best of luck:)
Wow I have never heard of them and they look great. I will have to add them to my list.
 
Tunze strong plus and Mighty Magnets
 
Which ever you choose dont leave it in the tank when not cleaning. Baby snails will get in there and opps my glass is scratched. I stick with the OG mag float.
 
Flipper hand scraper that uses plastic cards. Mag float destroyed my first tank. I'll never put a magnet cleaner in my tank again. 91% isopropyl alcohol and paper towels on the outside.
 
Tunze Strong on the inside and home made glass cleaner with microfiber on outside.

1660142551943.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new