What are your most peaceful fish?

Gatorpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This though. Be careful of what people are saying are "peaceful in their tank" . That's not the correct way to look at it... all my fish are peaceful together now... and a lionfish is peaceful too if he's in with groupers and eels and stuff... I currently have 5 tanks in my house and just because every fish get along now in those tanks does not mean I would ever call all the tangs, hawks, clowns, triggers, and angels peaceful... flames hawks and long noses are peaceful so long as everything else is larger. That generally goes for most aggressive fish save for clowns dottybacks damsels and some wrasses. Also many of the peaceful fish are only peaceful in pairs or singular.

I belive he's asking about fish that are peaceful regardless of tank mates (barring multiples of the same species)
Oh yeah man, I ran a predator reef for years had a big voltans and numerous triggers tangs and a snow flake eel.

The alpha was the Sohal he even would mess with the voltans
eventually it be camped so disruptive he got revoked to one of Ron Rice‘s Predator tanks.

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fox face ,yellow tang, flame angle, neon goby, 2 clarkii clowns,8 blue green chromis. Most peaceful judge rules Neon goby. He does clean the other fish . What a sight to see.
The Chromis fight and chase each other till eventually there’s only a couple left.
I have had them for 8 years and it takes time but they do

seaofbytes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it's my pink streaked wrasse. Super chill, just darts around the tank looking for pods.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Longnose hawkfish can be nasty depending on the individual
never had a problem with mine. I'd say the most peaceful of the hawks at least.

Of course no fish is truly peaceful. They're all fighting for their niche in the reef. And to be honest I might remove the royal gramma from my list if I could as mine has decided to give each new fish the run around for the first day.

slurpeee76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been a long time since I’ve been on the forum and my tank recently crashed hard. I’m upgrading it and restarting it, but I’m hoping to get some inspiration for fish. I’ve done the kind of semi-aggressive clowns/damsels/hawks/puffers etc before and would like to go a different direction this time.

So I’m wondering: Who are the model citizens in your tank? Those that just don’t seem to bother anyone or anything?

I’m aiming for mostly nano fish/up to 4” but I’m interested in what everyone else has had success with and enjoyed in the tank. Small invert safe is a huge bonus.
cardinals, chromis (but they are easily bullied), anthias, porcupine fish

mandyvan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our Scopas Tang is the nicest fish. She tends to be the keeper of the peace by breaking up scuffles between other fish in the tank.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back