What are your thoughts on this video and are there any reef videos and/or channels I should avoid on youtube?

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any reef videos and/or channels I should avoid on youtube? I recently came across a video titled "

NEMO Themed Aquarium With NEW Fish!!​

." by a youtube channel called Nick Bingo. He had a 16 gallon Biocube, he added 2 clownfish and a Regal Blue Tang. That made me a bit mad to say the least. Is there anything else on the site that is bad? Also, what are your thoughts on the video? I'll link it down below.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if recent events have taught us anything its:
-Anyone can youtube, facts, truths and other roadblocks are irrelevant/second to notoriety
- There is a segment of the population that is gullible, stupid or both
Edit add on a positive note I watch: Melev, Mr.Saltwater, BRS, Inappropriate Reefer (sometimes) and Tidal Gardens (usually) BRS (often)

Last edited:

Frogspon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is one in particular that I won't link, but anytime I'm doing something fish related I ask my self, "Would X do this?" If the answer is yes then I stop what I am doing immediately and regroup lol.

Also, he clearly mentions that the blue tang is going into a 200g... so I don't see the problem. A lot of people will get a tang and throw it in a 10g quarantine tank for awhile before putting it in their main display.

OP
OP
Andreas' Reef

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is one in particular that I won't link, but anytime I'm doing something fish related I ask my self, "Would X do this?" If the answer is yes then I stop what I am doing immediately and regroup lol.

Also, he clearly mentions that the blue tang is going into a 200g... so I don't see the problem. A lot of people will get a tang and throw it in a 10g quarantine tank for awhile before putting it in their main display.
My point is he and other youtubers (Paul Cuffaro, Barbs Buzzin, to name a few) have been irresponsible in what they do with reef tanks. Although, Paul Cuffaro has been doing a reef tank project that I think is ok, but he is getting help from an aquatics expert, as one should.

OP
OP
Andreas' Reef

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if recent events have taught us anything its:
-Anyone can youtube, facts, truths and other roadblocks are irrelevant/second to notoriety
- There is a segment of the population that is gullible, stupid or both
Edit add on a positive note I watch: Melev, Mr.Saltwater, BRS, Inappropriate Reefer (sometimes) and Tidal Gardens (usually) BRS (often)
I love BRS and the fact that they got Thomas from Big Al's on the team after an unfortunate firing. Tidal Gardens is nice. you should check out SeaFriendlyReef, Brock Leonard (He does species spotlights on every reef fish/invert imaginable.) and Prestige Reef.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watch them all.
It’s easy to tell who’s who.

And from the goods ones, always good to have a blend of different opinions.

OP
OP
Andreas' Reef

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot 2021-03-02 at 10.03.40 AM.png

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.3%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 31 17.0%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 94 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back