What Brands do you you Trust The Most?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TX_REEF
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

WHICH REEFING BRANDS DO YOU TRUST MOST?


  • Total voters
    13

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2023
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
6,255
Location
Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
it looks like this was also asked recently but putting a poll to it because I'm curious... which "do it all" aquarium equipment brand or brands do you trust most with your money, and why? Feel free to mention other brands I haven't listed. I've become quite fond of Hygger recently, because although I know it is a "made in China" low cost option, I've found their products to be durable and great value, and significantly more reliable than bargain basement "brands" like jebao.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/when-i-think-of-quality-i-think-of-this-equipment-brand.1112281/
 
I use Jebao everything for water movement.

I trust this this brand as with 16 pumps, wavemakers, gyres and returns, has never let me down for 6 years now.

Combined with a low price, for me, great value for my money, no just a fancy looking box with slick marketing at 3x the cost.

Not sure that anyone makes everything good, but likely good in one or two categories.
 
5 jebao return pumps. I've yet you have one fail. They're cheap enough I keep two in case one does fail I have a backup. My DCP 3500 ran for 6 years without being cleaned before I broke the tank down.
I'm happy with my reefbreeders lights as well as my 6 noopsyche K7s tho the noopsyche app isn't the greatest.
Tunze hands down the most reliable powerhead I have ever owned I have that has been running for 9 years and is in my brute live rock storage. I don't care that they are so large tho so I run vortechs.
While I run vortechs ecotech isn't on my list of trusted vendors because I had to shelve my radions because mobius would randomly turn them on in the middle of the night and ecotech denies the issue. I bought my ecotech gear pre merger.
I'm very happy with my reefmat and reefdose as well as the reefbeat app but not their tanks after I had a failure.
 
Jebao and Hygger are the same. Most DFC stuff is the same with a different sticker thrown on

I have 2 Hygger return pumps now. The one is 9-10 months old and has been perfect. I got its big brother for the new tank and it’s also dead silent

Tunze is the best brand in the hobby in my book. Family owned, German made, 5 year warranty on like everything. Amazing support from Roger if you ever need it.
 
Note to self.
The term "Reefing" has several slang usages that could cause the MODs to change the title of this thread.

AI for the win.

Tunze is always solid, but you have to buy them used to score discount.
 
Jebao and Hygger are the same. Most DFC stuff is the same with a different sticker thrown on

I have 2 Hygger return pumps now. The one is 9-10 months old and has been perfect. I got its big brother for the new tank and it’s also dead silent

Tunze is the best brand in the hobby in my book. Family owned, German made, 5 year warranty on like everything. Amazing support from Roger if you ever need it.
maybe that's true for the hardware, but the Hygger controllers are way easier to use and more reliable imo
 
I am loving all of my Jebao pumps and Powerheads too. That is the brand that I have trusted for a while now.

For everything else I just go with what has the best track record and reviews, so my set up is made up of many brands.
 
Oh Red Sea. Every time I see a newbie here with introducing themselves and their new Red Sea tank I cringe. Poor poor saps.
I feel personally attacked 😂
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new