What Brought you here?

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HA!

I was banned 3 years ago because I wanted to buy a banner and was quoted a price. Then 3 or 4 weeks later, when I went to pull the trigger, the price over doubled. They said they restructured their pricing and they wouldn't honor their quote from less than a month before. I then proceeded to tell them what I thought about that and took a verbal.... or typed beat down. That made me the mark. I tried selling some of my testing bulbs in a thread that someone asked for bulbs in and got told that since I wasn't a sponsor I couldn't "advertise". I didn't start the thread and I was selling him used bulbs. :rolleyes: When I tried to tell them that I wasn't selling inventory, that these bulbs were used for testing and I only had about 10 of them, it didn't matter and I was then told that if I didn't like it they could just ban me and that would solve everything. So of course I objected and of course I got banned. :cry:

Oh, well. So is life!!!

Kevin

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope when he finds this thread he realizes it's all in good fun.

We all know he's jumping in a bit too fast. But I couldn't imagine being his age and starting a hobby like this. Kinda brings to mind a kid in a candy shop. I know even now I want EVERYTHING for my tank.

It can be frustrating telling him the same "SLOW DOWN" thing over and over. But if we don't he will have a real bad experience in all of this.

It's probably worth the frustration to keep a kid involved in this hobby than other less productive crap that a lot of kids get caught up in these days.

OK I'm off of my soapbox. :tongue: Or my rocker........I'm not sure which.

Kevin

cloakerpoked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope when he finds this thread he realizes it's all in good fun.

We all know he's jumping in a bit too fast. But I couldn't imagine being his age and starting a hobby like this. Kinda brings to mind a kid in a candy shop. I know even now I want EVERYTHING for my tank.

It can be frustrating telling him the same "SLOW DOWN" thing over and over. But if we don't he will have a real bad experience in all of this.

It's probably worth the frustration to keep a kid involved in this hobby than other less productive crap that a lot of kids get caught up in these days.

OK I'm off of my soapbox. :tongue: Or my rocker........I'm not sure which.

Kevin

I agree with this. He frustrates the heck out of me, but I do appreciate his enthusiasm for this hobby, and at least he's working on it. The whole slow down thing is getting very old though.

As for what brought me here, mostly the invite by Paul, and the people that I've gotten to know over the last 6 months. I didn't see what happened on the other forum, and would at least like to know what the topic of the thread was that got led to Buck being banned or ostracized by the mods.

Ladipyg

Saltwater Diva
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the freedom here...it's all good clean fun and I think I like the fairness of everything across the board...at RC I saw a guy apologize for something and the Mod got very nasty and told him to quit being a "martyr" and was just very ignorant, the guy was very nice about it too. Nothing is enforced across the board there, they pick and choose. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to pull my Premium Member status there...I'd rather spend my $$ here. Oh, I'll check in now and then, but most of my friends are getting PM'd to come on over here and enjoy a great site.

Misled

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To pull your premium status, just remove it from your paypal account.

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pat, there was a guy asking you a question on your Red Dragon thread. I posted that you were banned. He pm'd me so I told him to come on over here and join us...:bigsmile:

OP
OP
buck50bmg

buck50bmg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had Victor at ATB email me, I think he is going to look at becoming a sponsor here. He agreed with me on the banning. If you look at the thread in question on RC, they are slamming another guy because he isnt agreeing with them enough.

o0xerog0o

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm here because I tried to PM Jeff, only to find out they banned him from having PM's... That's retarded IMO. If it wasn't for Jeff, I wouldn't have known about this site, but now that I've been looking around, I like what I see. I'll try to make the effort to be both here and there, but things are really iffy at RC.

And the whole thing with you getting banned, buck, is ridiculous, just as everyone else has said. I posted it in your last thread, but I'd love to stop over some time after this swap is over with, to check out your SPS tank. Ray's told me how nice your setup is...

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 41 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 160 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back