What budget cameras have highest color correction?

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Sony a6000 which I was able to take great shots with without having to use any yellow/orange filters when I was using halide/t5/minimal LED. I’ve switched to heavy LED lighting and this camera can’t correct enough (max 10000k white balance).

I don’t want to use blue light filters. I’m looking for a camera with higher range white balance correction. From what I understand canon offers the highest range but I’m not able to find which models have what range. Appreciate any info from camera experts.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on your budget, Canon r7 are great for taking pictures and have a pretty good white balance range. I don't personally have one (have a Nikon 5600) but I know people with the r7, and they take stunning photos.

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No camera is able to handle full blue, post processing or using filters is a must if u don't want blue pictures.

OP
OP
Velcro

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No camera is able to handle full blue, post processing or using filters is a must if u don't want blue pictures.
Not looking for it to handle full blues. Just to handle all LED better than my current camera does.

OP
OP
Velcro

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wa
I mean the a6000 is fine as long as you do some post processing.
It was prior to being mostly LED but the Radion blues are pretty… blue. Even with whites all the way up. Guess I could just pull blues out for photos but then I find it’s hard to get enough brightness.

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It wa

It was prior to being mostly LED but the Radion blues are pretty… blue. Even with whites all the way up. Guess I could just pull blues out for photos but then I find it’s hard to get enough brightness.
I am sure the a6000 has a custom white balance you can do in it. I had one years ago but I cant remember if it did.
If it does let you do one it should correct for most of the color and give pretty good true to life.

OP
OP
Velcro

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure the a6000 has a custom white balance you can do in it. I had one years ago but I cant remember if it did.
If it does let you do one it should correct for most of the color and give pretty good true to life.
I’m using custom white balance. It’s not enough for my situation.

OP
OP
Velcro

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shoot in RAW mode and edit in post processing. Most likely what you'll have to do with any camera has been my experience.
Already am. There are limitations. I’m finding that editing temp in post is losing a lot color that is there in person.

I know there are cameras there are cameras that offer better native white balance range. I’m looking for one.

DaJMasta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use a less orange looking filter, like an 85C filter instead of an 85 or 85B. Silicon sensors are more sensitive than human eyes to blues, and your light is cranking them out, so while it doesn't look as blue to you because of the reduced sensitivity of human eyes, it is actually that blue.

While getting a sensor with a wider dynamic range can help be able to discern more color detail on other channels when the maximum exposure is limited by blue intensity, the real solution is to cut out some of the blue light entering the camera. This will give you better results than post processing provided you can find the right filter, but a mild warming filter like an 85C should be the kind of thing you're looking for.

OP
OP
Velcro

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use a less orange looking filter, like an 85C filter instead of an 85 or 85B. Silicon sensors are more sensitive than human eyes to blues, and your light is cranking them out, so while it doesn't look as blue to you because of the reduced sensitivity of human eyes, it is actually that blue.

While getting a sensor with a wider dynamic range can help be able to discern more color detail on other channels when the maximum exposure is limited by blue intensity, the real solution is to cut out some of the blue light entering the camera. This will give you better results than post processing provided you can find the right filter, but a mild warming filter like an 85C should be the kind of thing you're looking for.
Thank you

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 101 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back