What Carbon Do You Use and Why?

PaulKreider

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2013
Messages
1,799
Reaction score
109
Location
Tallahassee-Venice Fl
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested in what brand carbon everyone uses and why?

Interested to get some feedback on what makes certain carbon products better than others and what not.

And what are the side effects of running too good of carbon? For example possibly stripping the water of all nutrients, and what not.

Currently I've been running Kent carbon in a mesh bag in my sump, thinking about upgrading to a reactor and wondering what carbon I should run in there.
 
I usually use matrix carbon, with good results, I have also used rox carbon from brs as well and it worked well, but have heard it can be to aggressive.
 
I've used the ROX 0.8 carbon for years without a problem. It has the best absorbtion, and the least amount of dust(fines), and you need less than other types. Here is a good demonstration of various types of carbon:



PS BRS isn't the only vendor selling the ROX o.8 GAC, but I have found that they are usually a little less for the product.
 
That's one of the only reasons I wanted to ask around and see what other people are using, because I heard ROX can be just a little too agressive, kind of worried me.
 
Interested in what brand carbon everyone uses and why?

Interested to get some feedback on what makes certain carbon products better than others and what not.

And what are the side effects of running too good of carbon? For example possibly stripping the water of all nutrients, and what not.

Currently I've been running Kent carbon in a mesh bag in my sump, thinking about upgrading to a reactor and wondering what carbon I should run in there.
Ive used Chemi Pure for many years. Till the Chemi Pure Elete came out. started using it. never had any problems..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new