What could it be??

12PMER

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've had a royal gramma for 4.5 months now. And haven't added a fish,snail, or any underwater creature for 2 months. A few corals have been added. BUT as of last night the royal gramma started acting very weird. Scratching on sand and rocks, not eating (used to be a fatty) swimming strange, and lethargic. Looked for possible ich, didn't see the classic white spots, then I started researching flukes. Sounds more like what he's got. Question is, how after months does he suddenly develop a parasite. Tried to catch him to freshwater dip.....but turns out he's fast. So now what. If I can't catch him, well my yellow wrasse and lawnmower blenny are doomed. What can be done????

TexanCanuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to bite the bullet and catch him and remove him to a quarantine tank as soon as possible.

Two options:
1) simply start removing aquascape (including your corals!) until you can catch him
2) Use a fish trap ... there are a number of DIY designs you can make at home, or you can buy a solution like this ...

YOYOYOReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does he shake his head ?
i would get him out and dip him 5 minutes in fresh water if its flukes you will see them in the glass after

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 31 38.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 33 40.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back