What Dino is this? Microscope video/photo

Joined
Apr 16, 2022
Messages
164
Reaction score
359
Location
Alphen, the Netherlands
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a few patches on the sand bed (not on the rocks/coral) and I thought at first that it were diatoms but I bought a microscope and checked it out and I dare say that it's dinoflagellates :downcast-face-with-sweat: I'm thinking Amphidinium or Prorocentrum? What do you guys think? I also put a small climb of sand under the microscope and they are full of these little buggers. See last photo...




bscap0021.jpg bscap0004.jpg bscap0023.jpg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new