What do the results look like?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

Lots of reefers wanted to see an example of what to expect from the Triton tests, results-wise.

Here is just a tiny snippet of just one part of the test results, which will give you some idea of the detail of the information. It's an earlier version, and the latest versions of the results will be more user friendly. Sorry that it's probably hard to read. We will get much more into the details in terms of interpreting the results, how the set points were derived, etc as we go on, but I just wanted to give you a rough idea of the format of the Triton test results.

This was from our colleague Dave B's reef tank:

Thanks!

Scott

Dave Triton - I Fe Ba Si Group.jpg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Scott, did you get my pm?

OP
OP
Triton US

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys,

Sorry for the small image..Like I indicated when I posted, it IS a small pic...sorry for that. Mainly just trying to show graphically what it looks like. We will be posting a full size results page very soon for your perusal, and we will also be able to review in greater detail what the reports look like. Thanks for your patience!

-Scott

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what's next and how good bad are those test results ?
I don't know what should be done now that I have the results. What I got from them was I need to add less iron and more iodine. But I'm not sure what to do about the molybdenum.

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After looking around on the triton site I found the TRITON Error correction sheet and it recommended 4 10% water changes so I'll start that tomorrow

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought there were no water changes with triton. I'm assuming it's to export the Al. So after the WC do you then need to test again?
They don't claim to never have to do a water change just not as part of regular maintenance. In my case I have way too much molydenum and a high amount of aluminum. I'm not sure where the aluminum is coming from but the molydenum is from me blindly dosing trace elements. I'll now stop dosing the mixture of trace elements that include molydenum and do a few water changes to reduce what I unknowingly overdosed. After a few weeks I'll have the water tested again and then start adding only what is needed. With a little luck this should be the las water changes I have to do for a while. For what it's worth I all most never do water changes on this system. Considering that and that I've been blindly dosing trace elements for quite sometime I'm actually a little surprised that my water wasn't worse than it is

OP
OP
Triton US

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don't claim to never have to do a water change just not as part of regular maintenance. In my case I have way too much molydenum and a high amount of aluminum. I'm not sure where the aluminum is coming from but the molydenum is from me blindly dosing trace elements. I'll now stop dosing the mixture of trace elements that include molydenum and do a few water changes to reduce what I unknowingly overdosed. After a few weeks I'll have the water tested again and then start adding only what is needed. With a little luck this should be the las water changes I have to do for a while. For what it's worth I all most never do water changes on this system. Considering that and that I've been blindly dosing trace elements for quite sometime I'm actually a little surprised that my water wasn't worse than it is

Keith,

Thanks much for sharing! We appreciate it!

Much more discussion to follow.

Scott

Lazys Coral House

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you hadn't been dosing the trace elements would many have been to low?
Is their a website that has info on how I can get my water tested?

Last edited:

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have aluminum in my salt to. I heard the salts in the US have a lot of aluminum in them. Have you heard of Triton Detox. What does it do? Does it remove heavy metals? Maybe take the vodka out of the German tanks? Triton Product Range

Gene

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you hadn't been dosing the trace elements would many have been to low?
Is their a website that has info on how I can get my water tested?

It is possible maybe even likely that the trace elements I was adding did help to keep some at the levels they should be. The problem is I have no way of knowing which ones were being added at the proper amounts and which were not actually doing anything.What I do know for sure is that at least molydenum was being overdosed and there's no way to does less of just that one element with the solution I was using. So after a few water changes I'll have the water I'll wait a few weeks and have the water tested again. That should show me what specific elements I should be adding.

I'm not sure if it's on their website yet but for water testing contact uniquecorals

Last edited:

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought molybdenum from a vitamin store on the net to dose the amount according to triton lab result. Like you say we are in the dark dosing trace elements.
Imagine if we bought all the dosing solutions, and followed the manufacturers directions. They would need a hazmat team to come and clean up the hazardous materials dump site.

Gene

OP
OP
Triton US

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought molybdenum from a vitamin store on the net to dose the amount according to triton lab result. Like you say we are in the dark dosing trace elements.
Imagine if we bought all the dosing solutions, and followed the manufacturers directions. They would need a hazmat team to come and clean up the hazardous materials dump site.

Gene

I think that Triton will hopefully help reefers make more informed decisions, and to spend their money on things that they NEED, not things that we THINK we might need. There is still much to learn about trace elements and their role in coral growth, and Triton represents a breakthrough on a practical level that can- at the very least- provide reefers with a great picture about what is happening in THEIR tank, and make decisions that they know to be appropriate for their specific needs. That's why we call it "empowered" reef keeping!

-Scott

Back