What do you call your LFS?

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a fun one! When you have to go to your LFS for whatever reason, what do you tell your friends/significant other/family etc?

For me, I just tell them I’m going to the fish store and they know exactly what that means.

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Fish Store" here too. It's pretty self explanatory for us. Even before we had out tank up, we always called the seafood market, the "seafood market" so there's no confusion over which is which. Sometimes I'll call it by name.

OP
OP
MONTANTK

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any other name to call a fish store then fish store?

if you call it aquarium it confuses people.

so I call it the fish store and if my wife’s asks witch one I call it by its name.
Pet store, aquarium store, store name. Maybe the responses won’t be so different after all haha

ZipAdeeZoa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work at my LFS so I just tell them I'm going to work and not to wait up for me because I always get stuck at the store an extra hour or 2 past my shift ;Hilarious

When I sneak to another saltwater store I usually just say I'm going to Brian's (owners name).

OP
OP
MONTANTK

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work at my LFS so I just tell them I'm going to work and not to wait up for me because I always get stuck at the store an extra hour or 2 past my shift ;Hilarious

When I sneak to another saltwater store I usually just say I'm going to Brian's (owners name).
Ah I remember these days. Store closing at 9 and not coming home until 10-1030 because a new coral shipment came in and we got first dibs

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pet store, aquarium store, store name. Maybe the responses won’t be so different after all haha
true, every one I know locally in hobby Calls it by the name or fish store.

I also refer to extra money as fish money. Or if I’m going to do side work it’s work for fish money.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only ones near me are big chains or focus mostly on other pets so I tend to use the term pet store. If I go to a place out of state that focuses mostly on saltwater fish and corals I find myself using the term reef shop. I'm not sure where I picked that up from though.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say Pet Store or Fish Store. Wife asks which one and it’s either the local one, the one I like or the one she likes lol

mindme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish store.

Although our fish store has this girl who works in it who has a bubble butt and always wears short shorts. So my wife and I jokingly call it the "butt store", but not the word butt.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back