What do you consider to be the top reef equipment introduced in 2022?

What do you consider to be the top reef equipment introduced in 2022?

• Neptune A3 Apex Pro aquarium controller

Votes: 47 13.7%
  • Hydros Kraken 24V Power Center

Votes: 31 9.0%
  • EcoTech Marine G6 Radion Pro LED lights

Votes: 34 9.9%
  • Red Sea ReefMat fleece roller

Votes: 162 47.2%
  • Hanna Marine Monitor

Votes: 28 8.2%
  • Other

Votes: 41 12.0%

• Total voters

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't think.of anything that came out in 2022 that I would want to buy nor need. I may have bought an Orphek light bar controller had they come out as promised. However, that's @Orphek for you always announcing something far from ready to go to market.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing. More gimmicks and tricks. 38 years successful reefs without the bells and whistles, Does anybody rely on KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE anymore?LOL
That's a very good question. 40 plus years here. Seems most of the knowledge lies with technology these days. We are more old school but that's the way we like it while others more into tech and thats the way they like it.

Celestion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anonymous lol , rollers mat looking better , advantage removing dirt from the water column asap , like skimming it keeps tdo lower , happy fish. , aka sometimes don't put all the (flow) aquariums water through a sock if possible , just the basics from here

Last edited:

Celestion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi'er water quality , only pass 10% of the tanks water flow through the sock , and the micron can be tightened

dricc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In place of my filter sock I use poly fiber. Change it out every 5 days. Easy and a lot less costly than a roller mat but to each his own. I am sure the comparison isn't exactly apples to apples.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still waiting for the fancy new app that converts super saturated coral photos back to their true appearance. Fingers crossed for 2023.

Hhaynie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chihiros doser! It might not be groundbreaking, but its a sign that the freshwater side is learning from reef keepers. It has an amazing app that is a pleasure to use, a form factor that appeals to freshwater minimalist tastes, and a company that has a strong presence in the competitive Aquascaping world.

Zoagarden

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's about top equipment in 2022, not most revolutionary. A product like the Red Sea mat isn't mind blowing, but it is a well built, intuitive, reasonably costed and good looking filter roller, making it stand above previous products.
Likewise I bought the 1200 for my DT. As a busy small business owner washing socks all the time was time consuming and not good for a bad back to be standing at sink!! Washing machine finished the work but what a game changer as the reefmat is so easy to swap out new roll as well as monitor via app. My husband even noticed improvements in my water clarity over the first week. So impressed went and bought one for the Nano in my office and spent money on diy sump and replaced and plumbed the redseaax Nano so now no more smell from a small and often overflowing skimmer in back to contained and better system down in the cupboard with the redsea rollermat. I actually get more time to sit and enjoy both tanks now and that was the purpose for having them in the home to begin with so both mats worth every penny (in Australia that's over $500 each mat!!).

Lex_510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea Fleece roller. I run the 1200 in my system, the best piece of equipment I have ever purchased for my mixed reef, game changer !
How many gallon tank? I’m building a 100g with abt 30g sump, would the mat500 do or go bigger

sgrosenb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My RedSea Reefmat 1200 is the greatest single reef purchase I made this past year. I went from cleaning socks every 2 days to worrying about a 30 second roll switch once a month.
This right here. It completely eliminates the need to clean socks, which to me for my system is worth $30/mo in the grand scheme of things.

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
How many gallon tank? I’m building a 100g with abt 30g sump, would the mat500 do or go bigger
I would go 1200 if you have room. That’s what I have 3 of. But on larger tanks. But will eventually get one for my 110g and it will be a 1200 as well.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 43 51.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.6%
Back