What do you do for a living?

Hi , I've worked in construction last 30 years .. done everything from plastering to demolition , I am currently foreman for a welding and construction company, we specialize in pipelines and building filter houses and pump houses for geo thermal heating systems .
 
It makes me smile to see that this is such a surprisingly diverse group, bringing hosts of different experiences to the table . . .

I work full-time in a small print shop, where I _am_ the prepress department. On weekends, including a lot of Friday nights, I work at the local public aquarium (The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk), where I'm mostly involved in what I refer to as "education lite"; generally tours for scout overnight programs, childrens' birthday parties (with the odd adult birthday party tossed in!) and interacting with the visiting public. It's far more physically demanding and pays less than my 9-5 ... but it's _so_ much more meaningful!

~Bruce
 
I'm the Deputy Chief Scientist of a big name multinational. Spend my days directing research projects at universities in 8 countries. I also just started a medical device company about a year ago. Working on raising our first investment round. Gonna try my hand at business on my own, enough of this making money for other people stuff :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new