What do you do when....

What do you do when you want a new tank and can’t have one?

• Buy a new fish for your current tank.

Votes: 24 4.6%
  • Buy a new piece of equipment for your current tank.

Votes: 78 14.9%
  • Go shopping knowing you can’t have one.

Votes: 43 8.2%
  • Buy one anyway.

Votes: 104 19.8%
  • Dream about what it will look like when you finally get to do it.

Votes: 332 63.4%

• Total voters

editour2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 215 display tank with 330gals total system volume. I'd like an 8 ft tank by 3 ft deep but the thought of moving everything out, tearing it down and rebuilding gives me great pause. Maybe someday if I move.......

Jordan Prather

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean I cant have another tank I only have a 36gal bowfront turtle tank, a 50 gal freshwater, a 54 gal corner bowfront fresh water, a 60 gal fresh water, 3 extra 20 gal laying around, a 55gal qt tank, a 30 gal frag tank, a 30 gal refugium/clown tank, a 90 gal clown harem/nem tank, a 125 that's going to be a reef tank, and a 225 gal reef tank o and I just started saltwater in January this year. However I am thinking about getting another 30 gal frag tank to use a qt tank for corals to monitor them before moving them into my current frag tank as it connected to my 225.

gcrawford

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Standard rule for most of my hobbies..... If I get a newer/larger/nicer X, then the rule is I must only have the new one and not keep the old one. Also, in this hobby, the larger you go the more friends you need to help you move it!

-g

Jordan Prather

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Standard rule for most of my hobbies..... If I get a newer/larger/nicer X, then the rule is I must only have the new one and not keep the old one. Also, in this hobby, the larger you go the more friends you need to help you move it!

-g
When it comes to tanks get the 4 of the suction cup holders my 225 is all glass and weighs a ton but with the suction cup grips all it took was me and my dad to be able to move it. I did have my brother help to but he wasnt lifting just guiding and making sure that we didnt let it tip to far

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do or do not. There is no dream.... :)

kirstyflash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a small house, floorboards and termite damage to some of the flooring... a bigger tank would require the house being restumped, extra underfloor support and god knows what else. So waiting till we can get a bigger house, then will have one plumbed into a wall and a room behind for all the back of house fun.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back