What do you do with your RODI waste water?

Vernon Ebron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Share your wast water with neighbors that can find a need for your wast water, a good way to help grow the community & make new friends.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
will do ,i don't think i have a gh test though,lol
Put it in bottles and sell "Life Enhancing Mineral Water".
Sounds good! I drink mine lots of minerals lol.
Actualy it just goes down the drain in the sink located in the garage.
I would need storage to do anything like summer watering but just dont have the space.
Already have 2 55gal drums for storage water in the garage

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for those of you watering plants, are you going directly to your garden, or pitting it into drums that you then use for watering?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
House plants and water for my daughter's cat

rozart

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like A lot of people said Down the drain because the waste water usually just ends up being problematic.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is called "waste water" so I waste it. :rolleyes:

vessxpress1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's really gotta depend on where you live, the climate there, and the soil you have. Right now I waste mine but I've often thought about re-purposing it. Maybe a rain barrel outside. Where I live water is never an issue. I can remember one drought year and it wasn't that big of a deal.
Anymore, we deal with too much rain most of the time and the entire neighborhood turns into a swamp. The water doesn't drain through the soil well here and the ground is often saturated for weeks. I'd have to use a barrel to control when the water was going out to the plants. I keep a garden and have some blueberry bushes as well that could probably use it, if controlled. But then in the winter it would freeze. I'm sure there are places you could run waste water outside year round and there'd be no need to do anything.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine goes into the garden bed along with the AC drip lines. More than enough water to keep one row of the garden bed happy.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
i asked several posts back about dogs ,most were against ,but def doing laundry w now!!
the water for cat goes into a Brita filter jug and is purified again

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently make my RODI water in my master bath. I accidentally closed the plug while making water. It wasn't closed for long. But I was shocked by how much waste water was in the tub. I hate that I'm wasting so much water. I know that I can get a more efficient RODI machine. I'm looking at putting in a pool next fall. I'm considering sending the waster water from the RODI machine to it. So that leads me to my question.

Has anyone found a use for the RODI waster water and if so, what is it?
This is months late, but I thought I would jump in. I live in Arizona and so I'm not really dealing with freezing temperatures here. But we hooked our RODI up with our irrigation system. The wastewater is used to water the citrus trees. It works great.

JakeAndAmanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you capture rain water in a barrel, pump it through your rodi unit, use another pump through your uv and into you mixing tank? Any waste should be able to be used on plants as it would already be fairly clean to start with aside from the normal ick on your roof and in your gutters.

jebflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently make my RODI water in my master bath. I accidentally closed the plug while making water. It wasn't closed for long. But I was shocked by how much waste water was in the tub. I hate that I'm wasting so much water. I know that I can get a more efficient RODI machine. I'm looking at putting in a pool next fall. I'm considering sending the waster water from the RODI machine to it. So that leads me to my question.

Has anyone found a use for the RODI waster water and if so, what is it?
I use dump the waste water into my washing machine by 5 gallons at a time. It’s close to a super load by the time I get the 5 gallons of RODI I was after:)

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 72 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back