What do YOU think is the Coolest thing in your tank? Pictures required

H3rm1tCr@b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think urchins are cool so I will say my long spine black sea urchin for my reef tank and include a pic of him.

But the coolest animal I have in a tank I think is my panther crab. I have never seen anyone else with one and his carapace is 3 inches across. i have had him for two years in a 110 gallon community planted tank. Got him when he was just half an inch. I know its not saltwater but he is awesome.

IMG_1966.JPG
IMG_1989.JPG
unnamed.jpg
crab.jpg
Ah the panther crab... I was considering buying one myself, just don't have the room right now :D

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bioluminescent organisms living in my tanks. Reason I think this is the coolest thing in tanks is this its not often documented in reef aquariums and often goes unseen or unnoticed. I bet a lot of other reef aquariums out there have Bioluminescent shows going on at night that have never been observed. its not easy to get pictures of these displays as most of it will not be picked up by the camera. Nothing better than sitting down in front of the tanks in the dark watching for flashing lights.

Picture of one of the bioluminescent brittle starfish living in my refugium.
IMG_3912 (2).JPG

I wonder if you can buy that to put in your tank? I want some!

That’s the best thing about scuba diving at night.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think urchins are cool so I will say my long spine black sea urchin for my reef tank and include a pic of him.

But the coolest animal I have in a tank I think is my panther crab. I have never seen anyone else with one and his carapace is 3 inches across. i have had him for two years in a 110 gallon community planted tank. Got him when he was just half an inch. I know its not saltwater but he is awesome.

IMG_1966.JPG
IMG_1989.JPG
unnamed.jpg
crab.jpg
WOW!!!! Thanks for sharing, comrade

Nano10

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tsa fruity Pebbles.

It's one of my favorite acros and I cant believe I got a frag of it for a steal.

Unfortunately, it's a tiny frag and my tanks struggling so not pic worthy but hopefully I figure out the issue and it survives.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My almost 8 year old mag nem would have to be mine. 20”+ before it split a few weeks about and about 15-16” now with the split being about 10”. The interaction between it and the clowns, the movement and the color just gets me.

before the split.

After it split.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back