What equipment to run battery backup

jhatfield

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 28, 2016
Messages
227
Reaction score
123
Location
Santa Barbara, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got an APC battery backup for a 40 gal cube. I would love to hear what people choose to run on backup power.

Right now I'm thinking water turnover/circulation is critical so wave makers or return pump are at the top of the list. What else is on the must run list?
 
Those APC's won't last long unless you spend a lot of money on a good one and then really not as long as you might need. I use an Icecap Battery Backup myself. You really only need to wave makers for circulation. I mean the best solution would be having a generator, but that can get expensive.

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/battery-backup-icecap.html
 
My emergency kit include a powerhead for flow, a battery air stone pump and a heater. If it is in the summer then I have some ice bag floating in the tank :D
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new