What fish gets recommended too often?

Gumbies R Us

God, Bouldering, and Reefing
View Badges
Joined
Nov 10, 2022
Messages
31,041
Reaction score
54,561
Location
North Georgia
Seller Rating
5 ★
Rating Count
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As reef keepers, we love sharing with others what fish they should try in their tank. Maybe it is a fish we love in our tank, or one we think would go great with the reefers' current stock. However, is there one fish that gets recommended too much, maybe for the wrong reason? Let's discuss the fish that gets recommended too often!
 
If anyone says clownfish, we're going to have to fight...

Fight Argue GIF by Kiaundra Jackson
 
At most lfs it seems to be tangs. I cant understand how people end up with tangs in a 30 gallon constantly.
 
Royal Gramma... i really held off on getting one. They were not in my original stock list.

Then my sister kept nagging that i need one of those bright purple and yellow fish.. She doesn't even live with me and now has a fish in my tank named Corky.
 
📣
Give me a C ("C")
Give me an L ("L")
Give me an O ("O")
Give me a W ("W")
Give me an N ("N")
Give me an S ("S")
📣
What does it spell?
CLOWNS
 
Other than the affirmation clown Fish. I would agree with the tang statement. While they do clean and are good grazers they are very territorial, and can be bullies!
 
Other than the affirmation clown Fish. I would agree with the tang statement. While they do clean and are good grazers they are very territorial, and can be bullies!
I think most of this is from lack of space.... or trying to have a purple :o, which I want so very badly, but just can't take the risk.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new