What fish to add?

Steve27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I have a one year old 83g tank with mainly softies, few LPS, and want to add 1 or 2 more fish. I currently have a bangai cardinal, two clowns, purple tang, and stripped blenny. Looking to keep the peace and add some color. Was thinking about flame angel, starcki damsel, melanarus wrasse and/or foxface. Open to all thoughts and suggestions. Thanks

20220528_155237.jpg

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go with the flame angel or coral beauty, but they do have a chance at nipping at coral, but they do add a lot of color and in a softies tank they should be fine.

I would go with one of the angels and than a wrasse. I think that would be a good stocking.

The foxface would be a good fish but I think it would outgrow your tank decently fast.

Cali Reef Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Foxface are awesome peaceful and they have spikes so tang will probably leave him alone! I also enjoy the wrasse but tang might be aggressive at first purples can be jerks.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a good chance you will have aggression with adding any other algae eating fish like angels or foxface (which will get too big anyways) with the purple tang. I would stick with some small flasher and/or fairy wrasses.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back