What fish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Donovan354

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I have a 75 gallon salt water and want to know what fish and coral would be good i have all the equipment i just need fish and coral.I have some experience in the hobby so i think i can be up for a challenge but no expert level stuff. I’m thinking about a dwarf zebra lionfish as one of the fish but want to know about other stuff i should get, I’ve heard maroon clownfish are good tank mates along with blue tangs but I am not completely sure about those.I have no clue what corals i want but definently sps anyways please let me know thanks!

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only tangs that can go in a 75 are koles, yellows, and tomini to my knowledge. Even then dwarf angels would be a better fit.
Lions are awesome, but require only live food and are a danger to anything that fits in its mouth (which is a very big mouth).
Maroon clowns can work with others, but are far more aggressive and larger than other species. Good for a 75, just limits the tankmate options.
For corals, it really depends on what you are looking for by way of color, ease of care, etc.

OP
OP
D

Donovan354

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only tangs that can go in a 75 are koles, yellows, and tomini to my knowledge. Even then dwarf angels would be a better fit.
Lions are awesome, but require only live food and are a danger to anything that fits in its mouth (which is a very big mouth).
Maroon clowns can work with others, but are far more aggressive and larger than other species. Good for a 75, just limits the tankmate options.
For corals, it really depends on what you are looking for by way of color, ease of care, etc.
Probably atm going for Zoa's because I've never kept any coral before. I used to have a 50 gal fish only but sold it because I was moving. But yea I heard dwarf angels are really cool too so ill take a look at those and see what my LFS has.Thanks!!

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good beginner corals are leathers, zoas, certain mushrooms, Xenia, green star polyp, and clove polyps - just to name a few. Most of these spread pretty fast though, so be careful with placement. About a month in would be safe to add them.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back