What GHA has taught me...

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a 40g cube. It has been running for a bit. I have an MP40 and a MP10 along with a temporary HOB filter, a few fish, CUC, A huge Condi and a few "canary in a coal mine" Zoas.
So I have all this running while I am doing the plumbing and electrical for the sump. Hopefully this weekend I can take the tank off of the HOB life support and run the tank via the sump. It's a long story and a process of why I did it this way, which I probably will relate in a tank build thread. But the long and the short of it, is everybody is very happy, The fish, the anemone, the Zoas, even the GHA, which is probably over an inch or longer in some places. Am I worried about it? No something will out compete it soon, it's just how it is, in the meantime it is a heck of a breeding ground for copepods.
Oh yeah, the title of this post and the reason I am posting this....
"My flow is amazing"!
Watching that GHA softly wain back and forth just like a real ocean...
One day my corals will be very happy.
-T

OP
OP
TangerineSpeedo

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Embrace the algae menace, is that what I should take away from this? :grinning-squinting-face:
Oh... its just everybody is just so negative about the GHA. I just looking at the silver lining of things...
Just like also in this tank, I have a bit of Aptesia. But it's not he clear/brown variety. It is blueish clear with a white ring on the oral disk with white specks on the tentacles. They are actually quite striking. Which is good because I don't think I could ever get rid of them.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh... its just everybody is just so negative about the GHA. I just looking at the silver lining of things...
Just like also in this tank, I have a bit of Aptesia. But it's not he clear/brown variety. It is blueish clear with a white ring on the oral disk with white specks on the tentacles. They are actually quite striking. Which is good because I don't think I could ever get rid of them.
Hey, if you have "nice" natural pests it's definitely a game changer!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back