What have i gotten myself into?

Altmann

What have I gotten myself into?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Live in upstate NY... from Florida. Have a 38g with my "Puff Daddy" he is a GSP, saltwater, had him about 8 years. Puff is my ❤. We are battling an algae bloom from hell. I've had stuff going on in there that may be new strands of algae never before discovered. Almost 8 years and NOW I get a bloom. No not a bloom... an explosion. We are working through the process- thanks to advice I find on here as a lurker. Just started a 55g reef about 4 months ago. I have decided to add protein skimmer/sump/refugium. And also realize I have no idea what I am doing. Every link I click when I ask the Google takes me down another rabbit hole and I put my soon to be/maybe someday/refugium-sump-skimmer tank with all the goodies away and say I will wait and read more. I have a list as long as my leg of fish and coral and this and that.... but I really need to figure out the soon to be/maybe someday/refugium-sump-skimmer tank business so I can safely add and really get this thing going. Looking forward to learning more, and really wish there was a 'for dummies' book on this stiff!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!! :D

There are plenty of forums that you can post your questions in and we will gladly help you answer.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello! Live in upstate NY... from Florida. Have a 38g with my "Puff Daddy" he is a GSP, saltwater, had him about 8 years. Puff is my ❤. We are battling an algae bloom from hell. I've had stuff going on in there that may be new strands of algae never before discovered. Almost 8 years and NOW I get a bloom. No not a bloom... an explosion. We are working through the process- thanks to advice I find on here as a lurker. Just started a 55g reef about 4 months ago. I have decided to add protein skimmer/sump/refugium. And also realize I have no idea what I am doing. Every link I click when I ask the Google takes me down another rabbit hole and I put my soon to be/maybe someday/refugium-sump-skimmer tank with all the goodies away and say I will wait and read more. I have a list as long as my leg of fish and coral and this and that.... but I really need to figure out the soon to be/maybe someday/refugium-sump-skimmer tank business so I can safely add and really get this thing going. Looking forward to learning more, and really wish there was a 'for dummies' book on this stiff!
Youve gotten yourself into the most fun hobby and can declare a piece of the ocean in your home.

welcome38.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back