What have i gotten myself into?

Altmann

What have I gotten myself into?
View Badges
Joined
Jan 28, 2021
Messages
42
Reaction score
62
Location
NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Live in upstate NY... from Florida. Have a 38g with my "Puff Daddy" he is a GSP, saltwater, had him about 8 years. Puff is my ❤. We are battling an algae bloom from hell. I've had stuff going on in there that may be new strands of algae never before discovered. Almost 8 years and NOW I get a bloom. No not a bloom... an explosion. We are working through the process- thanks to advice I find on here as a lurker. Just started a 55g reef about 4 months ago. I have decided to add protein skimmer/sump/refugium. And also realize I have no idea what I am doing. Every link I click when I ask the Google takes me down another rabbit hole and I put my soon to be/maybe someday/refugium-sump-skimmer tank with all the goodies away and say I will wait and read more. I have a list as long as my leg of fish and coral and this and that.... but I really need to figure out the soon to be/maybe someday/refugium-sump-skimmer tank business so I can safely add and really get this thing going. Looking forward to learning more, and really wish there was a 'for dummies' book on this stiff!
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Welcome to R2R!! :D

There are plenty of forums that you can post your questions in and we will gladly help you answer.
 
Hello! Live in upstate NY... from Florida. Have a 38g with my "Puff Daddy" he is a GSP, saltwater, had him about 8 years. Puff is my ❤. We are battling an algae bloom from hell. I've had stuff going on in there that may be new strands of algae never before discovered. Almost 8 years and NOW I get a bloom. No not a bloom... an explosion. We are working through the process- thanks to advice I find on here as a lurker. Just started a 55g reef about 4 months ago. I have decided to add protein skimmer/sump/refugium. And also realize I have no idea what I am doing. Every link I click when I ask the Google takes me down another rabbit hole and I put my soon to be/maybe someday/refugium-sump-skimmer tank with all the goodies away and say I will wait and read more. I have a list as long as my leg of fish and coral and this and that.... but I really need to figure out the soon to be/maybe someday/refugium-sump-skimmer tank business so I can safely add and really get this thing going. Looking forward to learning more, and really wish there was a 'for dummies' book on this stiff!
Youve gotten yourself into the most fun hobby and can declare a piece of the ocean in your home.

welcome38.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new