What is a good DE 150W bulb?

  • Thread starter Thread starter I-K@ndY
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 11, 2007
Messages
3,561
Reaction score
12
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious of what bulb is a good one for zoas and some LPS. I am currently setting up a small tank and I acquire a Coralife 150w with PC's. Both MH and PC needs to be change. Can you give me a nice recommendations?.. Someone was offering me a 2 months old 14k Sunpaq, is that a good one? pls need help thanks


steve
 
I think the 14k Phoenix is one of the more popular DE bulbs for zoas and LPS and is my preference. I have no experience with the Sunpaq, but may be a decent bulb.
 
Thanks guys I was reading on nano about some people using sunpaq and some say it looks pale and too white. I have a coralife fixture should I also go with coralife MH . I used Phx 14k before and I was happy but a friend of mine offers a sunpaq that is so cheap that is why I want to know if its any good. Thanks guys
 
it really depends more on the ballast than anything else, since ballasts drives them differently performance wise
unless youre looking for just a specific color, and in that case phoenix is a pretty good bulb, and on most ballasts runs fairly effeciently
if someone could post the link to sanjays page that would help a lot
 
what color do you want blue or very blue

you could go with a 10k ushio or the 14k Phoenix

you will have actinic color from the p.c.'s
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new