What is going on with my Elegance?

ConnorDaReefa

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 14, 2022
Messages
54
Reaction score
27
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey. I got my elegance coral about a week prior to this post. He has been doing great and then all of a sudden today I noticed his mouth was enlarged and he was a little closed up. Then he started excreting a brown slime/string from his mouth. Not sure if he is pooping, but I have also heard that corals don’t naturally poop. Does anyone have any idea what may be going on? Thank you in advance.

IMG_4067.jpeg
 
Really nervous. This all happened within less than 4 hours. Not sure what could have happened as everything was stable?
 
My opinion is it is excreting zooxanthellae, and is normal.
 
Sorry, I just saw this reply, but I posted a now forum. It seems to have gotten even worse but maybe I am overreacting. Sorry about all of the posts.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new