What is on my clownfish?

Eve89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clownfish have developed pinkish/ white markings. What is this? How should I treat my fish? I do have a juvenile anemone in the tank, could that have caused this?

IMG_7720.PNG
IMG_7719.PNG
IMG_7721.PNG

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Clownfish have developed pinkish/ white markings. What is this? How should I treat my fish? I do have a juvenile anemone in the tank, could that have caused this?

IMG_7720.PNG
IMG_7719.PNG
IMG_7721.PNG
I see bacteria marks but also lesions which seem to impact over-bred and designer clowns mysteriously and seen on mainly white surfaces. I recently has a snowflake get a small patch of this and did respond to ruby rally pro but took nearly 3 weeks to clear. At times meds do not change the appearance

Upvote 0

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be the nem saying hello.

Upvote 0

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I see bacteria marks but also lesions which seem to impact over-bred and designer clowns mysteriously and seen on mainly white surfaces. I recently has a snowflake get a small patch of this and did respond to ruby rally pro but took nearly 3 weeks to clear. At times meds do not change the appearance
Agree with the Ruby Rally Pro - is there an anemone or other stinging coral in the tank - which might (but I doubt) may have caused the pink spots?. Ruby Reef Rally will help brook as well - and I was leaning more towards brooklynella - but the treatment is the same. Hope this helps

Upvote 0
OP
OP
E

Eve89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your response. Would methylene blue work in a similar way as to ruby rally pro?

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thank you for your response. Would methylene blue work in a similar way as to ruby rally pro?
No as methylene blue is good for dips. Similar is general cure

Upvote 0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_7720.PNG
IMG_7719.PNG
IMG_7721.PNG

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Are the lesions raised up, or are they flish with the body? In the first photo they appear raised, but in later photos they seem flat. If they are pink and not raised up, you should consider this:

Jay

Upvote 0
OP
OP
E

Eve89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Are the lesions raised up, or are they flish with the body? In the first photo they appear raised, but in later photos they seem flat. If they are pink and not raised up, you should consider this:

Jay
The spots are raised on the head, but seem to be flat on the body.

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back