What is on my frogspawn?

  • Thread starter Thread starter VtecGuy88
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

VtecGuy88

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 23, 2018
Messages
51
Reaction score
39
Location
Morganton
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this frogspawn for a year and a half and as you can see it has grown significantly. There is a milky substance all the way around the base of it and it's been like this for at least 6 months. I'm just wondering what it is. My emerald crab hangs out under the coral quite a bit but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I've been reefing since 2015 and I've seen alot but I don't know what this is.

20230715_221428.jpg 20230715_221415.jpg 20230715_221355.jpg 20230516_134817.jpg 20230516_140101.jpg 20220605_172038.jpg
 
White encrusting sponge ?
 
Yeah, it's a sponge of some variety. If the frogspawn is happy and not being overgrown by the sponge, then the sponge is a harmless filter feeder.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 25.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new