What is the Best "pest" in the hobby?

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In order to provide a bit of a counterbalance to the other recent thread, what are the rarest, scariest, most beautiful or interesting critters in your tank that are considered pests and immediately killed off by others?

For a start, here is my little rock of horrors where the dreaded black sponge is battling with white sponge, some kind of branching hydroids, and green cyano:

IMG_20210424_094221.jpg

Also, a recent acquisition of mine, a massive colony of a different kind of branching hydroid, it's brown but looks almost red in blue light and dances in the waves:

IMG_20210424_093857.jpg

Anyone keeping a nice meadow of aiptasia or a species tank of fireworms or zoa eating nudibranches?

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its to bad most of you guys are in the states I have loads of zoa eating nudis if anyone in canada ever wants to start a species tank with them. Little buggers are hard to get rid of but they are beautiful. Some species of paly seem to be ignored or unaffected by the infestation I have, at this point Ill likely keep the nudis.

OP
OP
E

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its to bad most of you guys are in the states I have loads of zoa eating nudis if anyone in canada ever wants to start a species tank with them. Little buggers are hard to get rid of but they are beautiful. Some species of paly seem to be ignored or unaffected by the infestation I have, at this point Ill likely keep the nudis.
Got any pictures? :D

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only 'interesting' thing I have are bristle worms. A lot if them. I really should trap some to thin them out.

But they come out when it's feeding time and scare the bejeebers outa my wife! (that's not funny, Scott)

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 48 73.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back