What is the Best "pest" in the hobby?

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In order to provide a bit of a counterbalance to the other recent thread, what are the rarest, scariest, most beautiful or interesting critters in your tank that are considered pests and immediately killed off by others?

For a start, here is my little rock of horrors where the dreaded black sponge is battling with white sponge, some kind of branching hydroids, and green cyano:

IMG_20210424_094221.jpg

Also, a recent acquisition of mine, a massive colony of a different kind of branching hydroid, it's brown but looks almost red in blue light and dances in the waves:

IMG_20210424_093857.jpg

Anyone keeping a nice meadow of aiptasia or a species tank of fireworms or zoa eating nudibranches?

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its to bad most of you guys are in the states I have loads of zoa eating nudis if anyone in canada ever wants to start a species tank with them. Little buggers are hard to get rid of but they are beautiful. Some species of paly seem to be ignored or unaffected by the infestation I have, at this point Ill likely keep the nudis.

OP
OP
E

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its to bad most of you guys are in the states I have loads of zoa eating nudis if anyone in canada ever wants to start a species tank with them. Little buggers are hard to get rid of but they are beautiful. Some species of paly seem to be ignored or unaffected by the infestation I have, at this point Ill likely keep the nudis.
Got any pictures? :D

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only 'interesting' thing I have are bristle worms. A lot if them. I really should trap some to thin them out.

But they come out when it's feeding time and scare the bejeebers outa my wife! (that's not funny, Scott)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.0%
Back