What is the best phosphate remover?

I also have this issue with po4, it's usually around or above 1PPM.

I've tried rowaphos which is expensive, id throw a wholw 250 ML serving in a bag in the sump it would come down to about .6 then after a while just end up back at 1.0 or above.

I have a chaeto fuge which is growing but not growing at the rate where it can make a dent in my po4.

Also having issues with some corals receding and calcification (skeletal growth), which I think the high po4 is part of the issue.

Also following along to hear others thoughts
 
Dose Brightwell Phosphate-E at appropriate levels will provide excellent control of phosphate levels. Has worked well for me in a number of different situations. Also believe I saw a video where it is used by the WWC team for phosphate control as well.
 
I’ve been struggling with keeping my phosphates under 1ppm and was wondering if I should try harder with doing water changes more frequently as in twice a week? Or should go to get a phosphate remover? Both my tanks have HOB equipment if that makes a difference with anything.

I will post my exact chemistry when I get home and look at my sheet that I keep track on.

60 gallon mixed reef
Fish:
Small Yellow tang
Bicolor blenny
Spotted mandarin
Filefish
Clown pair
Coral beauty

inverts:
Sally light foot crab
Cleaner shrimp
2 Emerald crabs
Mixed CUC

30 gallon just has a fuzzy lionfish and a starfish with a small CUC
Yellow tang in a 60 gallon... I was told no. Good on you!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new