What is the difference between Coral Rx and Revive?

taylormaximus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear a lot of people talk about these dips, and where I live Revive is available at my LFS but coral Rx only online. I've found information saying that Coral Rx knocks off a whole slew of things, including bristle worms, fireworms, flatworms, nudis, spiders, planaria, and even bacterial infections and algae, and a lot of people say that Revive works just as well, but I cannot for the life of me find any information about what Revive actually treats? It seems a little odd that it gets compared to Coral Rx if that's the case.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I didn't see a forum for coral dipping. Thanks for the help!

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought RX was for pest control but revive is more for unhealthy corals with possible bacteria infections or maybe after fragging? Not sure though.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I hear a lot of people talk about these dips, and where I live Revive is available at my LFS but coral Rx only online. I've found information saying that Coral Rx knocks off a whole slew of things, including bristle worms, fireworms, flatworms, nudis, spiders, planaria, and even bacterial infections and algae, and a lot of people say that Revive works just as well, but I cannot for the life of me find any information about what Revive actually treats? It seems a little odd that it gets compared to Coral Rx if that's the case.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I didn't see a forum for coral dipping. Thanks for the help!
Coral revive by Julian sprung is a classified cleaner and Dip (I call it dip) which is a plant extract and coral RX is a prophylactic pesticide which treats bacterial and infectious issues with coral and is also made of extracts but stronger but still safe for coral treatment, very similar to Bayer
I use coralRx exclusively and dilute it with tank water a little.

OP
OP
taylormaximus

taylormaximus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral revive by Julian sprung is a classified cleaner and Dip (I call it dip) which is a plant extract and coral RX is a prophylactic pesticide which treats bacterial and infectious issues with coral and is also made of extracts but stronger but still safe for coral treatment, very similar to Bayer
I use coralRx exclusively and dilute it with tank water a little.
So I definitely would not say they're interchangeable then... Do you know what Revive treats? Is it only good for sterilizing already existing infections? My understanding is that it doesn't really do anything prophylactically.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So I definitely would not say they're interchangeable then... Do you know what Revive treats? Is it only good for sterilizing already existing infections? My understanding is that it doesn't really do anything prophylactically.
Its more of a cleanser and light dip.
I can safely say, ive tried all of the dips out there and found coralRX most effective and safe.

IPT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently used Revive and Coral RX. From looking at the bottom of the bucket afterwards the Coral RX was a lot more effective.

I Think revive is for a low level dip or a struggling coral, not so much for an know parasite or pest, but thats just my take on it.

OP
OP
taylormaximus

taylormaximus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently used Revive and Coral RX. From looking at the bottom of the bucket afterwards the Coral RX was a lot more effective.

I Think revive is for a low level dip or a struggling coral, not so much for an know parasite or pest, but thats just my take on it.
I appreciate it! I'll definitely be using rx if I can track it down.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both. Started with revive years ago but it caused sps to bleach. Never had issue with non sps

Ended up buying coralrx. This never caused any issues for me for any type of coral.

Coralrx has since been my go to first choice for new corals about to come in my tank, but I do understand there are different functions between the two products so I keep both.

OP
OP
taylormaximus

taylormaximus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both. Started with revive years ago but it caused sps to bleach. Never had issue with non sps

Ended up buying coralrx. This never caused any issues for me for any type of coral.

Coralrx has since been my go to first choice for new corals about to come in my tank, but I do understand there are different functions between the two products so I keep both.
I went with Coral Rx and so far has worked great. Have you found Revive does anything that Rx doesn't?

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest once I switched to coral rx I have had no issues with any corals, I have visually seen it kill off critters, and I’ve seen no reason to try revive again

I have had good results with revive but it bleached out and killed two larger sps frags on me and I haven’t tried it again since

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 29.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back