What is the one reef additive you swear by?

mrnicebug

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know for me, it can get overwhelming at times with the amount of different things you can add to your tank to help with chemical levels or just having a healthier system. I am wondering what is the one additive you live by when it comes to your tank. Curious to know what everyone says!
Just like the others Kalk

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know for me, it can get overwhelming at times with the amount of different things you can add to your tank to help with chemical levels or just having a healthier system. I am wondering what is the one additive you live by when it comes to your tank. Curious to know what everyone says!
Baking Soda

Propane

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AFR seems to keep my tank stable but calcium seems to never catch up and I have to dose. I also have to occasionally add mag. My nitrates have also remained the steadiest thing about my tank since I started dosing ammonia.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you get that? Seems like only UK vendors sell it.
I first got it from Europe. Deltec usa used to sell it but is out. I contacted them as I need a 5000l size. They dont know when it will be in stock and I cant order it. I will probably order from europe again and get 2×5000l size.

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I first got it from Europe. Deltec usa used to sell it but is out. I contacted them as I need a 5000l size. They dont know when it will be in stock and I cant order it. I will probably order from europe again and get 2×5000l size.

Right on thanks Merry Christmas! Happy to see you back and look forward to you next tank!

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salt. Good salt.

I didn’t read the whole thread to see if anyone else was sarcastic before me :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
If we're going to play that game, then my answer is...water.

I add it every day and bet you do as well.

Seansea

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AFR but it has some limits. Using alk as the test paremeter other things get out of whack. Calcium and mag got high but alk was low. It can get expensive and has no ph bennie. Started trying sodium carbonate in ATO to balance it but not sure how its going ao far. Alk got high. Ph did go up a little but trying to find balance.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 35.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back