What is this? (No Pic)

Aaron Davis

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2017
Messages
276
Reaction score
87
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I was performing maintenance on my tank the other night and saw this dark, forest green substance on a piece of my live rock. Struck me as odd and first thing I thought to do was "GET IT OUT!". So I sucked it up via a large syringe and disposed of it. Wasn't till after did I think, I should take a picture of this. Anyway. It was about the size of a dime. Very dark green. Reminded me of a scrubbing pad/thick web. Kind of like moss. Had never seen it before. Thought maybe one of you guys would be able to enlighten me. Thanks

Aaron
 
Google bryopsis and see if that's what it looked like. If so, that is the bad stuff and will want to keep an eye out for more. There are a few threads on how to treat with fluconazole.
 
Google bryopsis and see if that's what it looked like. If so, that is the bad stuff and will want to keep an eye out for more. There are a few threads on how to treat with fluconazole.
Is that a form of algae? I have algae that's similar to that in my fuge; but no though. That is not the stuff that was on the rock. The stuff I had was MUCH darker green and was spread out like a web. It didn't have branches or anything like that.
 
Is that a form of algae? I have algae that's similar to that in my fuge; but no though. That is not the stuff that was on the rock. The stuff I had was MUCH darker green and was spread out like a web. It didn't have branches or anything like that.

Hhmm :confused:. Well, it's really hard to say what it was without a picture. If you notice it again take a picture and post it here, Im curious.
 
Hhmm :confused:. Well, it's really hard to say what it was without a picture. If you notice it again take a picture and post it here, Im curious.
Here it is. Found some in my sump!
E9A704EB-7012-4E5A-9CEB-00B14F873686.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new