WHAT IS THIS ON MY FISH

ReefGuy1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t k ow but my last tang had it before he died. Also coral beauty was picking at it but the tang is dominate so I don’t know. Here’s a video in 4K. Please help I got these fish and spent a lot

Attachments

• IMG_5030.MOV
    27.6 MB
  • IMG_5029.MOV
    22.2 MB

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t k ow but my last tang had it before he died. Also coral beauty was picking at it but the tang is dominate so I don’t know. Here’s a video in 4K. Please help I got these fish and spent a lot

I can't really see anything on the tang in the video. The angel picking at it is interesting - the tang is holding still for it, so one possibility is that this is cleaning behavior and the tang has skin flukes.

More background info would be helpful, as outlined in this post:

Jay

OP
OP
ReefGuy1234

ReefGuy1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't really see anything on the tang in the video. The angel picking at it is interesting - the tang is holding still for it, so one possibility is that this is cleaning behavior and the tang has skin flukes.

More background info would be helpful, as outlined in this post:

Jay
Okay thanks. Are you saying that the tang does have skin flukes? In the video I am talking about the “line” under the dorsal fin.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay thanks. Are you saying that the tang does have skin flukes? In the video I am talking about the “line” under the dorsal fin.
The angel is picking at that, kind of odd. Not sure what that line is, but fish posturing and letting another fish peck at them is a sign of ectoparasites. I wonder if you should treat with Prazipro for flukes?
Jay

OP
OP
ReefGuy1234

ReefGuy1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The angel is picking at that, kind of odd. Not sure what that line is, but fish posturing and letting another fish peck at them is a sign of ectoparasites. I wonder if you should treat with Prazipro for flukes?
Jay
I’m going to post another tread because he’s dying out of no where. Water is perfect and nothing visibly wrong. I don’t know what to do but I’ll fresh water dip just in case.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back